“Disappointing food, slow service”
Review of Baia Restaurant

Baia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Baia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 68 Restaurants in Somers Point
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shore Rd
Description: BAIA offers a unique waterfront dining experience, featuring a creative Twisted Italian menu, exciting cocktails at our three bars and live entertainment 4 nights a week, all with a spectacular bay view! Offering an early dinner and late night menu, in addition to lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The principle staff consists of Ed Bonsignore, Jr. (Executive Chef and Owner of Samantha's in Jupiter, Florida) and Sean Weinberg (Executive Chef and Owner of Alba Restaurant in Malvern, Pennsylvania) combine their unique styles and flavors to create Baia Restaurant in Somers Point, New Jersey. Our synergistic and creative dining experience you will enjoy at Baia is based around an exceptional staff which will strive to provide the highest level of food and service to every guest. Baia is a great spot to have your next special event, dinner or luncheon, please contact the restaurant directly for large parties.
Austin, Texas, United States
“Disappointing food, slow service”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It took a really long time to get our food, even though we were there at 9:00. Items on the menu were kind of strange. We found our meals, even the chowder to have way too many herbs and spices. The snapper was very good, but the mahi mahi with crab topping was terrible. The topping tasted more like Pepperidge Farm bread stuffing you would eat on Thanksgiving, you couldn't even taste crab. The steak was dry and tasteless, certainly not worth $40. I got 2 different glasses of wine, neither tasted like what I ordered - I think they just gave me what they had open. We go to Ocean City on vacation every few years, but we won't be going back here to eat.

• Visited July 2012

Ocean City, New Jersey
“great location”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Incredible location. Servers are great. Menu just doesn't seem to hit the mark. I found it frustrating finding something to order. Everything we did order was very good. Menu lacks items that 'we must go back for.' Expensive drinks served in cheap plactics cups is unacceptable.

Cherry Hill, NJ
“Nice Outside Restaurant”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We loved sitting outside on the deck but we didn't like that there were different menus and you couldn't order off of a menu if you weren't sitting in that area. I also expected a lot more seafood.

Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and music!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We sat outside on the deck (much cheaper than inside) and listened to some great music by Matt Gerhart. I liked it so much, I even bought his cd!

Bay Village, Ohio
“Elegant in New Jersey”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My partner and I entertained a friend and team member and our ladies. The bar session was great and the service was excellent. Our table was ready on time. The food for five adults was on target each time. My filet was superb and perfectly prepared. The wine decanter was perfect for our red. The view is awesome. Table service was perfect.

• Visited July 2012