“Confirmation Number Given Wasn't Valid”

Economy Motel Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked this hotel weeks in advance, and received a confirmation number. I went to check in, and they told me the confirmation number wasn't correct. They had it on record that I called, but someone never reserved the room. I asked for a room anyway, since both signs read: "Vacancy". He told me the signs were wrong, and there were no rooms. I would not stay here. Seemed sketchy anyway. They flipped the sign to read: "NO VACANCY." Two hours later, we drove by, and the sign was back to: "Vacancy". Ridiculous and very inconvenient!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay at Pier 4.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank acoulter4148

Reviewed September 10, 2012

comparing this to my previous experienceI can f definitely say it is getting much better... good service and fat attention. rooms are needing some hospitality improvement but for $70 can't ask for more.

2  Thank JonnyDx
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in the "suite" above the office with my family of 11 (3 babies). When we arrived, it looked pretty much like an apartment. (a dingy one) with a bed in the kitchen with a trashcan at the bottom of it. Also, keep your shoes on during your stay, because you don't want your ferry getting suck to the carpet! At first, thought it was a steal, because it was only $98 a night... Until my sister woke up at 4 am with a little buggy friend next to her, and found 6 bites on her arm. Yep, bed bugs. We looked at the other beds, there was blood in the sheets, and a bug fell out. We couldn't sleep, because of fear of the disgusting insects in our beds. I WAS READY TO SLEEP IN THE CAR! We immediatly took everything off if the floor. My sister went to the office to tell the manager, and he stood there like he didn't care. He offered my sister a different room, but not with the rest of the family. We also noticed there were someone's clothes in the closets, and that there were random doors that creeped us out. Also, some windows had no curtains or shades. (that includes the bathroom). We are NEVER returning to this disaster ever again.

3  Thank friendoflife
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My fiance and I were looking for a place to stay close to the beach/boardwalk for a few days. Unfortunately Motels were the only thing available and for the budget we wanted to pay. We had a King Suite which was decent. The room had a microwave, refigerator and to our surprise a stove. The stove did not look desirable for use, however when I'm on a mini vacation, I would not be cooking anyway. The room was clean and pillows were very comfortable. It is definitely NOT a HOTEL. Breakfast was not what you would get at a Hotel. It served its purpose for us because all I had was coffee. If you are loooking for bagels or baked goods, you will not find it. The bathroom was small, yet was clean. The sink had a slow drain problem. The pros of this property is that it is close to Ocean City beach/boardwalk (5mins), less than a half hour to Atlantic City and 30 mins to Wildwood which was where we went for a day during our stay at the Economy. The Motel does have a pool which was utilized by families there with children.

It was okay for what we needed at the time, but I would not stay again. I did not have a bad experience, but more than likely I will not return. This was the first time I stayed at a Motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamTam046
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just got home after an overnight stay at this disgusting motel. Paid almost two hundred dollars for a room that was totally disgusting. Woke up to realize that the room was infested with bed bugs. Booked this room on the basis of their website indicating a family environment and newly renovated. Once we arrived we realized it was pretty bad but figured we could live with it for one night. Room smelled like mildew. Floors are obviously rotted out under carpeting because you can feel actual holes when walking. Ok. One night. Thought we could live with being charged almost two hundred dollars for a run down depressingly dark room. Woke up at six am being bitten by bed bugs!!! Totally appalling!!!! Bed bugs in both beds!! Blood on pillow cases from the bed bugs getting rolled on while sleeping!!! Finally, waking up because of being bitten!!! How disgusting!!! Money hopefully refunded back to my credit card. I have not yet been able to check my credit card as we just got home and I am exhausted. A refund can't even come close to making up for my concern as to whether or not we brought these nasty bugs home. Washed clothes at a nearby Laundromat but who knows what else they may have been on. Left our luggage there as we were afraid to bring that home. Bagged everything at Laundromat. Ruined our trip completely. Just so disgusted. Can't stop itching!!! My first and hopefully only experience with bedbugs! Would not return to this establishment ever ever ever again. Beware. I fellt really bad because there appeared to be quite a few families staying there with small children. I hope and pray that no one else got them but o highly doubt it!!!!!!

4  Thank mymason
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Its 6:30am and I'm sleeping in my car because I woke up in the middle of the night to find a bug crawling near my face. I went to pick it up and it popped and squirted blood on the sheet. I wasn't too aware of bedbugs because I had only heard of them. After using the only good thing in this place- the free internet- I googled bed bugs and surely enough, that's what was in my bed. I was only staying over one night so I tried to ignore the obvious flaws of this dumpster, including the mildew scent & holes in the floor underneath the carpet, but I have to draw the line when you have me sleeping with bugs. I honestly feel bad that this hotel is seemingly packed, by the looks of the filled parking lot, for the weekend, and most probably won't get lucky and wakeup to find what they're actually sleeping in. So, CHECK YOUR BEDS. Absolutely disgusting. That is all.

4  Thank b3achbumm
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I usually don't write reviews, but this was such a horrific experience, that i had to share. A group of friends and I booked a room for $70. Being a group of 19 year olds, we just needed a place to stay for the night in the Ocean City area. I did not expect The Marriott, considering we paid $70, but this motel should be condemned. I sprayed lysol on every surface in the entire room, including the sheets and bed. I will not even get started on the mold underneath the headboard. This place is disgusting. I considered sleeping in the car. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that the ac worked and there was hot water in the shower. I never felt so unsafe in a motel room. It smelled so bad and it was so dirty in the room. I was close to an asthma attack at multiple occasions being in the room. The Super 8 is eligible for AAA's five diamond rating compared to The Economy Motel. I urge you to stay at this motel, just to see it for yourself because words do not do justice.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends