“Economy motel introduced me to my first bed bug experience.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Economy Motel Inn & Suites

Economy Motel Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
“Economy motel introduced me to my first bed bug experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Its 6:30am and I'm sleeping in my car because I woke up in the middle of the night to find a bug crawling near my face. I went to pick it up and it popped and squirted blood on the sheet. I wasn't too aware of bedbugs because I had only heard of them. After using the only good thing in this place- the free internet- I googled bed bugs and surely enough, that's what was in my bed. I was only staying over one night so I tried to ignore the obvious flaws of this dumpster, including the mildew scent & holes in the floor underneath the carpet, but I have to draw the line when you have me sleeping with bugs. I honestly feel bad that this hotel is seemingly packed, by the looks of the filled parking lot, for the weekend, and most probably won't get lucky and wakeup to find what they're actually sleeping in. So, CHECK YOUR BEDS. Absolutely disgusting. That is all.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank b3achbumm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I usually don't write reviews, but this was such a horrific experience, that i had to share. A group of friends and I booked a room for $70. Being a group of 19 year olds, we just needed a place to stay for the night in the Ocean City area. I did not expect The Marriott, considering we paid $70, but this motel should be condemned. I sprayed lysol on every surface in the entire room, including the sheets and bed. I will not even get started on the mold underneath the headboard. This place is disgusting. I considered sleeping in the car. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that the ac worked and there was hot water in the shower. I never felt so unsafe in a motel room. It smelled so bad and it was so dirty in the room. I was close to an asthma attack at multiple occasions being in the room. The Super 8 is eligible for AAA's five diamond rating compared to The Economy Motel. I urge you to stay at this motel, just to see it for yourself because words do not do justice.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Boranny B

Travelers are raving about these Somers Point hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Priceline messed up 2 reservations of ours to two separate hotels.

We stopped here to figure things out with Priceline. Wish we had drove anywhere else. I mean ANYWHERE!
I would much rather have stayed in the car.
Room was absolutely discusting. I washed everything before I allowed my for year old to even walk in.
I brought my own pillow cases and sheets just incase this very situation arose.
After noticing a small (remote sensor) or that's what the sad said after trying to come fix our broken tv, I researched the fine print code on the box only to find it is a CAMERA!!!
Don't stay at this motel.
Sleep in your car if there's no other option.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank MissPratt
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here on July 3rd, because on short notice, we'd had a hard time coming up with a place that had no bedbug reports in the area. So, we spent $178 plus tax ($205) for the "suite" up above the offices. Well, well, well... after seeing our hotel room, I didn't even dare check TripAdvisor at that point (for fear of what I'd find...

Seriously, oh so yucky. OK, I'm pretty picky, but my family isn't as bad as me. This was dirty. Filthy carpet, dirty everything, dark dark dark curtains with holes in them everywhere, a door in our room that led nowhere... We'd been told our "suite" had 5 beds, 4 rooms, 3 TVs... we added "2 slopes" because the rooms sloped/listed so much that we were afraid that we might actually slide down them. Not to mention one of the beds was in the kitchen. Such a weird little place.

After swimming in the pool, we saw the gulls coming in for a landing...and yup, we watched, horrified, as they landed in the pool, one by one, and began bathing. We quickly exited the pool, and from that point on we referred to it as the "bird bath". Now our little song had changed to 5 beds, 4 rooms, 3 TVs, 2 slopes, and 1 birdbath. Yet, we'd already been warned that there were no refunds.

Late at night, when it came time to get into the bed, I stood there unsure as to whether I'd really be able to get in. I did not want to get into that bed. Eventually I did--only to find that the sheets did not fit. They did, however, smell of bleach, which comforted me in some small way. I did not see a bedbug, but we didn't put ANYTHING on the floor, and I was freaked out the whole time--with the bedbug problem on the east coast, I knew without a doubt that just because I wasn't seeing them didn't mean anything. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well.

It definitely wasn't the best hotel, and there were a lot of scary types sitting outside as well. Overall, I would not recommend it, even for a one-night stay. Overpriced, dirty, and gross. We made the best of it, and will laugh about it forever ("you will like it very very much! everybody love it so very much, they come back every year! it will be your home away home!" we were told by the owner, with his elder father nodding vigorously behind him). Ummm, not so much. Despite the grungy needlepoint in the lobby that actually says "Home Away Home", it is not and will not be our home away home. However, it's been an endless source of giggles!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Just don't do it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank oliviablue5
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The overall appearance of this motel is slightly run down, especially for the price paid. I witnessed seagulls bathing in the pool, and then watched familys go for a dip less than 30 minutes later. The bathroom had mold. My bed was also short-sheeted (felt like an overnight camp prank).
Staff was nice, but this place is just a place to crash after a good day on the beach. Don't expect greatness!

Room Tip: Ask for Nonsmoking... king size bed was super comfortable, just check the sheets to make sure they a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kat1015
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Dirty disgusting place avoid this place poor management and maid service there weren't even fitted sheets on the bed we had to make our beds then discovered the bed bugs I immediately left and they wouldn't even acknowledge what I was telling them there crooks and there motel is a DUMP

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Tbest82
Somers Point, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Four words to live by: DO NOT STAY HERE!

I just need a place to stay a couple of nights while I did business in the area. On day two, I left in the morning and locked my room, hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. After conducting my business & have dinner I returned. I was shocked to find that my room had been entered and certain pieces of furniture (the dresser) had been removed.

In order to accomplish this my room had to have been left open for a period of time. My personal belongings had been handled and moved. Fortunately, nothing was missing. But this place gets a lot of transient people who look like they'd roll their mother if they needed a pack of cigarettes.

Steer clear of this place, but if you have to stay here DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. They scan everything into their desktop computer. Hello "Identity Theft."

Room Tip: Stay at Pier 4. It's beautiful and offers good views/value for your money.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
#8 of 32 in Ocean City
Passport Inn
Passport Inn
#3 of 7 in Somers Point

Been to Economy Motel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!