“Couldn't PAY ME to stay here again.”

Economy Motel Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Somers Point
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Priceline messed up 2 reservations of ours to two separate hotels.

We stopped here to figure things out with Priceline. Wish we had drove anywhere else. I mean ANYWHERE!
I would much rather have stayed in the car.
Room was absolutely discusting. I washed everything before I allowed my for year old to even walk in.
I brought my own pillow cases and sheets just incase this very situation arose.
After noticing a small (remote sensor) or that's what the sad said after trying to come fix our broken tv, I researched the fine print code on the box only to find it is a CAMERA!!!
Don't stay at this motel.
Sleep in your car if there's no other option.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank MissPratt

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here on July 3rd, because on short notice, we'd had a hard time coming up with a place that had no bedbug reports in the area. So, we spent $178 plus tax ($205) for the "suite" up above the offices. Well, well, well... after seeing our hotel room, I didn't even dare check TripAdvisor at that point (for fear of what I'd find...

Seriously, oh so yucky. OK, I'm pretty picky, but my family isn't as bad as me. This was dirty. Filthy carpet, dirty everything, dark dark dark curtains with holes in them everywhere, a door in our room that led nowhere... We'd been told our "suite" had 5 beds, 4 rooms, 3 TVs... we added "2 slopes" because the rooms sloped/listed so much that we were afraid that we might actually slide down them. Not to mention one of the beds was in the kitchen. Such a weird little place.

After swimming in the pool, we saw the gulls coming in for a landing...and yup, we watched, horrified, as they landed in the pool, one by one, and began bathing. We quickly exited the pool, and from that point on we referred to it as the "bird bath". Now our little song had changed to 5 beds, 4 rooms, 3 TVs, 2 slopes, and 1 birdbath. Yet, we'd already been warned that there were no refunds.

Late at night, when it came time to get into the bed, I stood there unsure as to whether I'd really be able to get in. I did not want to get into that bed. Eventually I did--only to find that the sheets did not fit. They did, however, smell of bleach, which comforted me in some small way. I did not see a bedbug, but we didn't put ANYTHING on the floor, and I was freaked out the whole time--with the bedbug problem on the east coast, I knew without a doubt that just because I wasn't seeing them didn't mean anything. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well.

It definitely wasn't the best hotel, and there were a lot of scary types sitting outside as well. Overall, I would not recommend it, even for a one-night stay. Overpriced, dirty, and gross. We made the best of it, and will laugh about it forever ("you will like it very very much! everybody love it so very much, they come back every year! it will be your home away home!" we were told by the owner, with his elder father nodding vigorously behind him). Ummm, not so much. Despite the grungy needlepoint in the lobby that actually says "Home Away Home", it is not and will not be our home away home. However, it's been an endless source of giggles!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Just don't do it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank oliviablue5
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The overall appearance of this motel is slightly run down, especially for the price paid. I witnessed seagulls bathing in the pool, and then watched familys go for a dip less than 30 minutes later. The bathroom had mold. My bed was also short-sheeted (felt like an overnight camp prank).
Staff was nice, but this place is just a place to crash after a good day on the beach. Don't expect greatness!

Room Tip: Ask for Nonsmoking... king size bed was super comfortable, just check the sheets to make sure they a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kat1015
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Dirty disgusting place avoid this place poor management and maid service there weren't even fitted sheets on the bed we had to make our beds then discovered the bed bugs I immediately left and they wouldn't even acknowledge what I was telling them there crooks and there motel is a DUMP

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tbest82
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Four words to live by: DO NOT STAY HERE!

I just need a place to stay a couple of nights while I did business in the area. On day two, I left in the morning and locked my room, hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. After conducting my business & have dinner I returned. I was shocked to find that my room had been entered and certain pieces of furniture (the dresser) had been removed.

In order to accomplish this my room had to have been left open for a period of time. My personal belongings had been handled and moved. Fortunately, nothing was missing. But this place gets a lot of transient people who look like they'd roll their mother if they needed a pack of cigarettes.

Steer clear of this place, but if you have to stay here DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD. They scan everything into their desktop computer. Hello "Identity Theft."

Room Tip: Stay at Pier 4. It's beautiful and offers good views/value for your money.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SoNJSailor
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Had stayed at this motel several years ago and liked the price.Recently made a reservation for one night due to a wedding in OCNJ the next day, but due to Hurricane Irene and a MANDATORY EVACUATION of that county the wedding was cancelled we were not able to check in/stay as planned. After contacting the hotel and inquiring about a refund (as nothing is stated on their web site about cancelling/refund due to weather) we were told to contact "Travel Hero" as our reservation was made through them. We called Travelhero several times only to be asked to leave a message and after almost 2 weeks Travelhero responded telling us it was up to the hotel to refund us since the hotel charges our credit card. Again we contacted the hotel on 4 different occasions only to get the run around and they always had excuses as to why whoever we were talking with could not make the decision and to send the boss an email with the details. Even after doing this we have not gotten any response. Horrible management, horrible language barrier, horrible business.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ontheroadagain1300
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We needed a place to stay for one night before our week-long rental in Ocean City began on a Saturday morning. Booked a one-night stay on the hotel's website 6 weeks beforehand. We didn't know that behind the scenes, their website redirected to another site "travelhero", and that the credit card was charged in full at the time of the reservation.
Now, three weeks prior to check-in date, our plans have changed and I need to cancel. Call the hotel, they tell me to call travelhero. Call travelhero over and over, they want you to leave a message and they'll call back. Finally get through, and they tell me the credit card should not have been charged and that I have to call the hotel again.

Do yourself a favor, stay anywhere else. Between the fast and loose playing with my credit card information, and the other poor reviews about the rooms, there are better choices. Lots of them.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 7 in Somers Point
Ocean Front Motel
Ocean Front Motel
#11 of 31 in Ocean City

Been to Economy Motel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!