“AVOID!”

Sandi Pointe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2010

The best thing about our experience was the service and the free house salad we received with our TERRIBLE meals. The dining room was dark and dingy with an awful gold tile ceiling. The entire restaurant was completely vacant at 8 o'clock on a Thursday night and the hostess sat us in the very, very, very back of the restaurant, in a booth immediately next to the kitchen. We had to listen to the kitchen doors swing and the wait staff banter back and forth about who was "getting screwed for tables". My husband ordered the gazpacho as an appetizer (it was a special that night) - it was pretty much tomatoes and peppers crushed up in tomato juice with crab meat thrown on top with some shrimp hanging off the edges of the bowl. As our entrees, we ordered the tuna and the crab cakes. My husband said the tuna was okay. If he had the choice he would change the seasoning and the noodles it came with, but the fish itself was good. My crab cakes were literally the size of golf balls and I only got 2 of them; pair with 3 small potatoes and some watery vegetables. For $90+ for two people, I was expecting a WHOLE lot more! We will definitely not be returning.

1  Thank buffalobaby

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We visited for dinner with our children. My husband had the lamb, I had the crab cake and our children had the sliders and fried founder. We enjoyed our meals and salad and the house wine was very good. The waiter was very helpful and made some recommendations that were nice. My only complaint would be in the kids menu; there were not alot of options. My 6 year old ordered his favorite fried flounder and ate everything but we were charged about $17-18 which is a little steep but it was a large serving and it was good.