“My Day of Pampering”

Ranked #1 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
nj
“My Day of Pampering”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I had another wonderful visit to the B & B, The Colonial Inn at Smithville, NJ. They were so wonderful for me. It was my fifth stay with them and upon returning, they gave me a reusable gift bag with Colonial Inn goodies inside of it. I shopped and had a lovely lunch and treated myself to ice cream for dinner! I loved the bathtub and used the soap I bought at the Little Egg Harbor Soap Company in the village. I can't wait to go back. My wonderful husband sent me for the night after spending a lovely day at the Red Door Spa around the corner to the Inn. I was in heaven. My little basket for breakfast was just enough to start my day! I loved my room over looking the lake and found it so relaxing to wonder around and shop with an ice tea. I will be back as soon as I can!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
PA
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is a great location with excellent staff complimented with clean accomodations. We stayed here with our children and their families and had a very enjoyable time. Visiting the shops in the village adds another dimension of relaxation. This was our third visit and we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We wanted to be near Atlantic City for a show, but we did not want to stay in the casino area. Colonial Inn was an easy 15-minute drive to the coast. It is a lovely place with clean, quiet rooms, and it's in a downtown-ish little community of shops and restaurants. The price was excellent, and all our requests were greeted with a cheerful "absolutely!" from the innkeeper. Breakfast is served in a basket that you can eat in the restaurant or take out to the lake or your room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 18, 2010

The Colonial Inn was a wonderful, charming, friendly Inn to stay at. We were there for my cousins wedding and the accomidations couldn't have been nicer. The staff was so friendly and accomadating. They even supplied me with a cork screw and glasses to enjoy a bottle of local wine I purchased in the village.
My husband and sister each commented on how comfortable they found the beds. I know I slept great both nights we were there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hainesport, NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I've visited many B&B's and never was I limited to ONE choice of a muffin, bagel, etc.! All B&B's I've visited had the breakfast set up in the main room with bakets of various items to select from along with unlimited juices, coffees/teas. The afternoon tea is a joke! I went to the designated room and nothing was set out at all. I asked an attendant where it was and she replied "oh you have to request it" So I asked what was available and she pointed to some cookies in a jar and I asked what about a drink and she said tea or coffee! Additionally, the owner was rude and unaccommodating. The rooms are nice but are definitely overpriced considering what you don't get! Also the airconditier is right beside the bed and cycled on and off all night thus disrupting our sleep. Go a couple miles to Atlantic City and you'll find much more for your dollar.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank jjeldance
Seaside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our son and daughter-in-law chose to have their wedding reception at the Smithville Inn. We made reservations to stay the night of the reception at the Colonial Inn and Barn. Everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed the lovely decor of all the rooms. We recommend this wonderful bed and breakfast for everyone. Thank you so much for making our stay and our guests' stay one of the best experiences we ever had.
Joe and Carol Milon

• Stayed July 2010
Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Our stay at Colonial Inn was very relaxing and cozy. We stayed in an upstairs room in the barn, which was decorated so beautifully. The beds were so comfortable and the room was very spacious. We felt very welcomed and the staff is very friendly. My daughter and I didn't want to leave. We will definitey be back!!!

• Stayed July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Dolce Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
Marriott's Fairway Villas

Been to The Colonial Inn at Historic Smithville? Share your experiences!