“Wonderful Dining Experience”

The Historic Smithville Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Historic Smithville Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Smithville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9 & Moss Mill Road
Transit: New Jersey Transit bus stop located directly across from the Smithville Inn.
Description: Old world charm meets new world hospitality in this lovely lakeside landmark. A longtime locals favorite serving award winning classic continental cuisine with a modern flair. The restaurant, resurrected from an uncertain future in 1997 by the combined efforts of the Coppola & Bushar families, has since reclaimed its spot among the favorite dining locations in the Atlantic City area.
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was really pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. My friend and I had spent the day shopping and walking through the village and thought we'd try the Inn. What a perfect way to end the day! First we sat in front of the rustic open fire place while they got our table ready. The dining area itself is beautiful and the service was excellent. We had a table looking out on the pond with the Christmas light display going on it was magical. We both ordered a holiday drink, mine was a gingerbread martini that was just great. The food was excellent, I had the special tilapia with crab it was delicious. It was a perfect way to end the day, I can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2012

Galloway, New Jersey
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Tonight we experienced the worst dining experience at quaint Smithville Inn. We had two couples visit us, so a party of six had reservations for 6:15pm. We arrived on time, but had to wait 65 minutes for a table, even though we made reservations a week earlier.

Our waiter was low energy and unenthusiastic, but took our order promptly. The salads were fine, but out of six entrees, 2 were acceptable, the salmon and chicken pot pie. Three people had the sirloin strip, and one had the veal chop, all of which were unacceptable. Fatty, not cooked as ordered, luke-warm at best. Both the waiter, and the manager ignored our comments of dissatisfaction when they individually asked how everything was. We spent over $200, and were terribly disappointed. We will NEVER eat here again.

• Visited December 2012
Commack, New York
“AMAZING SUNDAY BRUNCH amonst other things...”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

A MUST STOP on the way to or from Atlantic City or after a long day of shopping in Smithville! Bring the family for Sunday Brunch!! It's really amazing. Don't eat a THING before you come here! I have been here a hundred times and the food and service is always TOP NOTCH. The setting is quaint as well. They also have an old tavern attached with a fireplace to grab a drink and relax a bit. I am a foodie and believe me the food is excellent here. Always a great expereince! Might be on the pricey side, but worth it.

• Visited November 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“Very Romantic”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Smithville may not be a destination location but if you're in the area and don't visit the Smithville Village you haven't gotten the most bang for your buck. It's a beautiful little eighteenth century village with dozens of shops and "eateries" clustered around a small lake stocked with geese, ducks and various other birds. While the village is an attraction it only exists because of the Smithville Inn, originally built in the eighteenth century, the current incarnation was rebuilt and opened about sixty years ago. The restaurant is dedicated to gourmet dining. If you arrive before dark, ask for a table in the enclosed patio. The view of the landscaped lawn and the lake is picture perfect.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank denisx
“Full of atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I am a fan of the Historic Smithville inn. The food and atmosphere are very good.
It's not a cheap place, but I feel you get your moneys worth and the service is very good. We were there on a Saturday and they had a live piano player.
I would recommend this place to my friends.

They gave us fresh warm bread as well as raisin bread to start our meal.
The chicken potpie, corn chowder and mash potatoes are very good, the prime rib was a tinny bit dry but not bad. My Father loved his Seafood dinner and that's a plus.

I would also suggest after dinner taking a nice walk around historic Smithville.

Visited October 2012