“Its better then people think.”

Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville
Ranked #2 of 2 Smithville B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Its better then people think.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. This place is newly renovated, about 3 years old. When i checked in September 28th, I was welcomed by friendly people. The staff is really nice. Then even called to make sure I was satisfied with the room I got within 10 mins. after I had checked in. They offer good ON THE GO breakfast. They have cereal, great coffee, and lots of snacks. The snacks got my kids happy! The rooms are very nice. They include a flat screen tv, and all comcast channells. The wifi is GREAT. Fast!The location is perfect, quiet and peicefull. Also, it has a major attraction near it, called The Smithville Village. Before i booked the resevation through expedia, therefore I didnt get to read theese reviews down below, honestly, its alot better then what people think. Many people have differnt opions, but I say, try staying here! Good Place Over Alll. Im coming to stay here again on December 19th for My Neices wedding.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RedCarpetInnManager, Owner at Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Gentle-person
I truly understand each of your words. I am extremely sorry from my heart. I am owner of the property another guy just manage the property for last couple of years but we already evicted and we get back and run our self. After we took charge this people did lots of mess still we try to clean day by day operation...we already put coffee maker, iron-iron board, change bed spread, outside lighting also change amenities like shower cap, lotion and facial tissue etc.....please feel free and call next time at 609-665-9446 and ask for Nick, I will take care just like family....

Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashua, NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our room was clean but very basic: no closet nor hangers on the rack, no coffee pot (but you could get a cup in the office in the morning), no tub just shower, no place to set suitcase. Towels and toiletries provided were cheap. Paper thin walls - we were in a sort of duplex of rooms. Even so, you could tell that they were doing a good job at maintenance.

Nice microwave and refrigerator. THere was a table and chairs to sit at.

Managers were very friendly and helpful. Shops and restaurants nearby. If I need to go back to Smithville, I might stay there again just for the convenience of it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

for my anniversary with my girlfriend we travelled from philadelphia to smithville nj because she went there as a child. the two main bed and breakfasts in the town were full up and we booked a room here instead, called during the week and they gave me the price of $59/night. the tv didnt work - it kept frizting out every couple of seconds, i suspected bed bugs because i kept itching while trying to go to sleep, the people staying up stairs kept stomping on the floor, and they didnt have room service as they informed me they did. i mentioned the bed bugs in the morning, and they showed me a sheet with checkmarks on it denoting pest control visits, which didnt change the fact that i kept itching through the night. several days later, i checked my bank statement and i was billed 80 dollars for the night. when i called and asked, she kept explaining a 22 percent hotel tax, which didnt even compute mathematically and she said that the charge was 64 for that weekend. i told her it is illegal for her to charge more than 7 percent tax in new jersey and she went into hotel surcharges and city charges. this is not the city, nor is it near a city. even atlantic city would have vacancys on halloween, it isnt a popular tourist spot that weekend. they gave me a 10 dollar refund after i threatened to call the new jersey division of taxation. do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville

Travelers are raving about these Smithville hotels

Sea Girt, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

We reserved 12 rooms for our son's wedding. The new owners showed us several rooms before we recommended this motel to friends and family. All friends and family that had to stay overnioght for the wedding stayed here. They all stated that the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms all have flat screen tv, microwave and small refrig. The beds and towels were sufficient. We stayed friday and sat. night and there was coffee and continental breakfast. If you are looking for a good deal, clean room, friendly staff, and great location, stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Queens, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2010

We arrived at this motel after booking what we thought was a good deal in the Atlantic City area. The staff at the front was pretty nice, I will give them that.

We got to our room, and it smelled awful. There were flies buzzing around the room. The toiletries were so bad that the soap crumbled as I took it out of it's packaging.

We decided to inspect the bed. There were cigarette burns in our pillowcases. There was hair all over underneath the comforter. We decided to leave, or get another room.

As we were taking our stuff back out of the room, my husband spotted it. A huge bedbug on the back of the comforter. That was the last straw of course.

They were accomodating enough to not give us any trouble about refunding our money, and they did leave appologetic messages on our home machine. But still, when the proprietor came over to confirm that it was a bedbug, he blamed it on the people who stayed in the room before, not the condition of the hotel.

Of course now I'm paranoid like crazy about bedbugs, we had to carefully look over everything we were travelling with to make sure we didn't get a stow-away.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robotoid

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

i have never had such pleasing,helpful staff.Jenny and her husband were just Great. For a small inn it was very quite,great location for many intresting things to see or do. Jenny was very helpful that way also. They are people who like people....very special. I only all trips away from home was this type. Thank you Jenny and spouse.........truly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Bridgewater, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

One room in Smithville NJ. Quoted price $129 per night. A little steep for the facilities/location but we were desperate. THEN... a 22% city tax (22%?) and a $10 room handling fee (what?) brings us over $150 per night. Place was billed as "brand new". It was actually just refurbished (shoddily, at that). We were given a room that smelled of cigarette smoke. Asked for a different one. Hair dryer didn't work. Nails sticking out of the carpet. We had 2 bath towels and 3 washcloths - no hand towels. Just as well, I guess since they were so bad we ended up with road rash from using them anyway. Finishing touch - ice machine filled with water instead of ice. Run! Save yourself!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Atlantic City Red Carpet Inn Smithville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#10 of 18 in Galloway
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Red Carpet Inn & Suites Smithville? Share your experiences!