“Food is tops. Welcome isn't.”
Review of d'jeet?

d'jeet?
Reserve with OpenTable
d'jeet? is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: "D'JEET?" ASKED GRANDPA to everyone who walked through his door in hopes of sharing a homecooked meal, a token of his love. And so, food came to represent family, friends and memories. Our passion is to relish in the delight of providing people with food they can feel good about, cooking traditions passed down from our ancestors to bring you natural, flavorful foods using seasonal and local ingredients.
Reviewed January 19, 2018

The food is fabulous: inventive, beautifully presented, and delish. The welcome, however, is consistently cold. Case in point: I arrived at 11:23, told the woman behind the counter I was meeting a friend. Her response: Se don't open for lunch until 11:30. This, while people at four tables were lingering over breakfast. She could have told me I was welcome to sit and wait for my friend inside, since it was freezing out. Nope. Frosty lady makes the place less attractive.

djeetrestaurant, Owner at d'jeet?, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

I am so sorry that you didn't feel a warm welcome, especially on a frigid day, or in general for that matter. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I discussed this review with my front of the house so they will be more aware of how they are interacting with our customers. You are always welcomed to sit at the bench in our foyer between breakfast and lunch, please know that. We do not however start seating tables in the dining room until 11:30am. Thank you for your kind words regarding the food, we are happy you are a fan. I sincerely hope you have a better experience the next time (if) you join us!

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Our server was amazing, patiently answering all my questions about menu items. And despite their menu saying “substitutions or modifications politely declined,” they seemed willing to accommodate reasonable requests. In the end I chose a special that required no modification LOL. Food was superb, great care goes into meal prep and presentation.

Only critique I can think of was that they set the bar so high for dinner that I expected to be blown away by dessert as well, and while it was very good, i would hesitate to call it a must-do end to the meal. I had the salted pretzel crusted peanut butter mousse tart, and it just felt like it needed something more.

That being said, everything else was amazing, and I recommend it and will definitely return!

djeetrestaurant, General Manager at d'jeet?, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Just not my kinda place
No friendly staff sorta felt like I should give my seat to someone else
Food was just not flavorful

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I am so impressed with the incredible job that D’jeet did catering our wedding. We were told over and over again by our guests that the food was the best they’ve ever had at a wedding (and we certainly agreed). The passed appetizers were plentiful and perfectly hot (my favorites were the fried chicken skewers, golden beet bruscetta and the short rib crostini-- SO GOOD), the shrimp cocktail and farmstand crudite/cheese station was artfully put together, and everything was seamless. For dinner, Chef Casey and his team served up flank steak with a basil chimichurri that was perfectly cooked, beautifully prepared salmon, a lovely display of grilled vegetables and mac and cheese that can really only really be described as heavenly. My husband and I are definitely foodies and we are very happy that we chose D’jeet for our big day. Thank you to Meghan, Casey, and the entire team.

djeetrestaurant, General Manager at d'jeet?, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you so much Krissa for your kind review. We loved catering your wedding, what a beautiful day and a beautiful couple!! Thank you again!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Wow, the food Ins fresh and tasty! Had the chicken wings, that had a wonderful Asian edge and fish tacos. The food was light yet filling. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere lovely and lively. You need to go and try it!

Been to d'jeet?? Share your experiences!