“Hidden gem in The Mall of Short Hills” 4 of 5 bubbles

Papa Razzi
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Hidden gem in The Mall of Short Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Cozy Italian restaurant tucked away near Bloomingdales. Lively but not noisy, enjoyed the pizza margarita and for dessert, the brownie with ice cream sundae... Forgot the name. We've been here many times. Every time go to the short hills mall, this is where we end up.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Millburn, New Jersey
“Nice eatery no more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

In New Jersey prestigious shopping mall and my favorite is where a good Italian cuisine once was. I have dine here mucho times since the 90's... Lately it has fallen and become worse in service and food. I enjoy the atmosphere. It appears the good old timers have gone and many young new comers are in place. The menu has changed. I can't seem to find the healthy salads and vegetables without animal products. When it comes to having a good beverage, its no problem. I prefer the good tasty food. I won't be returning back to my old favorite.

• Visited September 2011
Morristown, New Jersey
“Long Wait For Overcooked Dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Recently, two friends and I spent an afternoon shopping in The Short Hills Mall. We decided to head over to Papa Razzi for dinner. It was a Friday around 5, so the wait was to be expected. The poor host had so many people fighting one and other for tables. It took my friend almost five minutes to get her name on the list.

The small entryway was so crowded we were stuck standing on the opposite wall by the doors that led out of the mall. The 45 minute wait turned out to be about 75 minutes.

Our waiter was very nice, but all three of us were less than thrilled with our meal. Everything seemed overcooked (ALL THREE MEALS) I was embarrased I'd suggested this place to two people who'd never been there before.

I guess with their location, they can let the standards slide, but I won't be going back.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New Jersey
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

My waiter Robert was a delight, he knew the menu as if he wrote it, the meal we ate was suggested by him and it was very tasteful.. My husband and I have a very delightful evening. We have suggested Papa Razzi to our friends and we will attend again. Keep up the good work and please tell Robert thanks again for his delightful service and knowledge of all the food and drinks you have at this establishment.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Union, New Jersey
“No longer up to par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Met a date there and was embarrassed. Service was slow, salad mediocre, and the food came out lukewarm. The risotto was so sticky it would have stuck to the wall. As usual with most restaurants, the soda was flat. Where was the manager? Not making his rounds to see if customers were happy. They are in serious trouble when the Cheesecake factory opens. They have lost a customer here.

• Visited March 2011