“Good meal, service so so”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
New Jersey
“Good meal, service so so”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I think by now almost everyone has been to a Benihana type restaurant. The at the cooking was good as usual. The food also very good, although my steak was a little over cooked. I was most disappointed in the service. As soon as we sat down the Sarcee was asking us want we wanted. We asked for water for the table and were given only 2 glasses. She never came back to pick up our soup and salad dishes. And gave my niece the wrong desert. Since we were a table of 8 the tip was included 18% and that's all she got, usually we would give more but we were very disappointed.

NJ
“Not all its cracked up to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Okay so I took my husband there yesterday for his bday, the place was beautiful, atmosphere was so nice, it was just really crowded I had to wait 20 minutes to be seated even though I had a reservation. The show was nice but the food was soooo bland, it was like putting nothing in my mouth. I feel for ppl to spend that much money the food should be spectacular and it wasnt. I will not go again, well maybe on my bday b/c I got a free meal, ill take it lol.

PS: the shrimp was GREAT

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great service and loved...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

Great service and loved the food!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“been there so many times...will go back again :0)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2008

been there so many times...will go back again :0)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“So much fun and wonderful food to add!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2008

So much fun and wonderful food to add!