“practical”
Review of Hilton Short Hills

Hilton Short Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We have family nearby and this is really the only decent hotel in the area. It is somwhat pricey especially since you wouldn't stay here for the amenities. It is clean, comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2007

I stayed at this hotel earlier this week in room 214. It's a nice hotel with some expensive touches. I wasn't blown away by this place, but it is probably the nicest Hilton I've stayed at - except for the fact that my room was cold and I could not adjust the heat (I think that the HVAC was not working properly and, admitedly, it's partially my fault because I never said anything - just didn't want to deal with it). The food is very overpriced - many of the entrees do not come with sides -- you can get ala carte mashed potatoes for SIX DOLLARS though!! I found the employees courteous and helpfu, not at all rude. There are plasma TVs in the rooms, which might have been impressive a few years ago, but not so much now. The hotel is a little hard bit to find. There is a VERY nice, VERY upscale mall across the street with practically every store you could imagine. Bottom line, I had a few problems during my stay, but I'd stay here again (if I'm not paying for it) if I'm in the area.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed August 8, 2007

It’s not cheap, but what you expect in this area?
Pricy hotel in pricy area, nothing cheap around.
Service was pleasant.
Problematic part – transportation, if you are not willing to drive, you can call local taxi (don’t recommend) or find yourself a good car service. I was using car from [--] - referred by hosting side.
:) or use super easy method – make your spouse drive you. If you have one…

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I stayed one night at this hotel and it was beautiful inside. The customer service was very good for the most part. The front desk staff were a bit short with me, but the rest of the staff was great! I think $25 a head for a shuttle to the airport is a bit ridiculous and the food prices are way too much. My room was beautiful, I must have received a renovated room as it was very, very nice. The bathroom was the best I've ever had and the beds were so comfortable. It was a beautiful, clean, hotel and an overall nice stay (if you can afford the food!).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynwig
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed one night at the Short Hills Hilton. First, the room: The room was nice, nothing spectacular. I didn't like the bed or pillows and woke up with back ache. Initially the thought of having a plasma tv was nice, but it is within the wall of the room, which means that the sound insulation is not that great. we were awaken on a Sunday morning at 5:00 with someone watching the news in the next room. I thought it was our TV, it was so loud/ clear. The food: nothing to write home about. The restaurant was very expensive and the choices limited. We also went to the bar which was very expensive. The drinks were between 10-14 each and the food was so so. the location: not that great. Yes, it is near the Short Hills mall. this mall, however, closes at 7:00 pm on Saturday night, so be aware of this. I wouldn't stay here again as the price of the room is not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
#1 of 1 in Springfield

Been to Hilton Short Hills? Share your experiences!