“Best Hotel I've Stayed in in years!”
Review of Hilton Short Hills

Hilton Short Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Bedford Hills, New York, USA
“Best Hotel I've Stayed in in years!”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is an extraordinary hotel. I travel in the US every week and have stayed at all the major chains and this hotel surpasses them ALL. They are a step-above the pack in every category -- decor, service, food, ambience, amenities and staff. I am not a highly critical person, but I travel a lot and expect certain things - promptness of service, peace and quiet, an attractive room, a good shower, clean towels and good lighting the bathroom and decent food. This hotel is beautiful, with staff that is faster at every request. The rooms are more like your home than a hotel -- the chairs and bed are very comfortable. I'm glad I have a client in this part of NJ so I have reason to return!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Was here during a blizzard and the area was shut down. This hotel has old-style charm without a worn-out look. I think it would be a great place for a special occasion event. While the staff was harried trying to find anyway for anyone to get to the airport, they maintained their dignity, civility and helpfulness.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed September 15, 2010

As the owner of an event planning firm, 6 Degrees of Celebration, I recently planned a wedding for a client at the Hilton Short Hills in Short Hills, NJ. Thanks to their amazing staff, notably Catering Manager, Mary Vale, Maitre'D, Chris Shaprio and Chef, Kevin Felice, it was a wedding I am happy to say was as close to perfection as possible. My clients and their guests have not stopped raving about the food, service and stunning decor of this event. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue to anyone planning a social or corporate function and would be pleased to discuss my specific experience with those of you who may have questions: jglenn@6degreesofcelebration.com .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted to read that your clients’ event was a wonderful experience. It is always a pleasure to hear that a fellow professional within the industry has positive feedback about our outstanding service, staff and property.

I also appreciate you recommending us to other clients and hope that we may have the pleasure of working with you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Amber Dubiny
Guest Relations Manager
South Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My family and I live in South Orange, New Jersey, in which there are strangely no hotels available. Because of a minor fire combined with significant water damage that occurred at our condo building on June 18th, we were placed in this hotel by our insurance company (State Farm). We ended up staying there for a total of six weeks, so we intimately came to know the ins and outs of this particular hotel. As one might imagine, it's difficult enough to be away from home for such an extended period of time--especially with two young children in tow. But the entire staff at the Hilton Short Hills consistently made us feel welcome and valued, and they were always kind and lovely to us. We were also favorably impressed with the hotel's decor and cleanliness, as well as with the breakfast buffet, pool and hot tub facilities. It is also easy to understand why people regularly book their wedding receptions, company meetings and other large-scale events there. We had a completely wonderful, positive experience at the Hilton Short Hills, would certainly recommend it to anyone, and we look forward to staying there again sometime--hopefully for sheer pleasure reasons, though--no more disasters! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you very much for posting your review. I am sorry that a house fire caused you to stay with us for 6 weeks but I am delighted to learn of your positive experience. Your wonderful feedback only depicts how dedicated our staff truly is on providing excellent guest service. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy every aspect of our hotel, especially when their visit is an extended one such as yours. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, hopefully on a leisure basis.

Kind regards,

Amber Dubiny
Guest Relations Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed here about 3 times this past summer, purely for weekend getaways and to enjoy their pool.

As has been said, the service has been great; almost the entire staff is very friendly, attentive, and ready to please their guests. It was very nice at our last visit to be welcomed back by the management.

As a GOLD, I have always been on the 5th or 6th floor (I believe there is an EL(?) on the 7th floor, maybe not) in a good king room. No upgrades to a suite, but on the last stay we were upgraded to a larger king room complete with sofa and mini-kitchenette. Rooms have a classic feel with lots of gold/brass fixtures and lamps, but do have LCD TVs (some HD channels). Beds are fine, if a little hard.

The outdoor pool area is great, relatively large, lots of lounge chairs, helpful and attentive pool attendants, and the weekend patio bar is great for drinks and snacks. Prices are about what one would expect at a property in Short Hills.

As a GOLD, we received complimentary continental b'fast on all occasions. You can upgrade to the hot breakfast for $5 per person, which is decent (both the price and the hot breakfast). Didn't really eat in the hotel otherwise.

While not the 5-diamond property of days past, still a nice suburban hotel, not far from NYC/EWR, and across the street from the high-end Short Hills mall.

If any complaints, they would be that the A/C is just tolerable, not very strong, and it takes a while for rooms to cool down. On our first trip, we had to switch rooms because the AC was so poor. The last 2 times, no problems, but still could be stronger.

On the weekends, self-parking is free (not sure about weekdays as the parking garage is shared with some office buildings nearby).

All in all, a highly recommended hotel.

PS. A sign next to the spa states that they plan to reopen in Oct 2010. I believe the spa has been closed since January 2010 or earlier.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
PeterWebster007, General Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you very much for posting a review after staying with us numerous times over the summer. Its nice to hear such positive feedback from a regular guest.

I can confirm that the spa will re-open in late September and will be operated by the Hotel. I can also confirm that self parking is complimentary 7 days a week.

Again, thank you for the positive feedback and i look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

kind regards

Peter Webster
Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My wife and I stayed here 1 night. Previous reviewers have described accurately the amenities so I won't duplicate what they said. Wwe were impressed with the service by the staff. Every person, from the front desk, concierge, housekeepers, pool staff, dining room staff, and a manager we shared an elevator with, was friendly and outgoing. This abundance of service made up for the rather expensive prices at the restaurant and bar. Parking in their garage was free though.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting a review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Peter Webster
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed here for a week in a standard room. Good size with nice bathroom, plenty of hot water, Crabtree and Evelyn shampoo, gel, etc. Lovely soft towels and plenty of them, always had fresh towels whatever time we got back to the room. Usual mini bar, coffee maker, TV. Internet was pretty much standard price …….seems a bit poor to have to pay nowadays for wi-fi.
The beds are so comfortable with soft pillows, we slept like logs. The room had individual aircon which worked well and was needed as the hotel is so hot but it’s very drying and the vent was noisy so we couldn’t have this on at night. The room was located on the road side of the building but I heard no noise unless the window was open (for some fresh air).
The hotel is just opposite the Short Hills Mall which we found really handy for alternative eating venues.
The pool is tucked away in the basement/car park level. The hours chopped and changed during our stay and closed usually by 8pm which is a bit early particularly for a business hotel.
I found the staff very helpful and courteous, just about the right level for us, not in your face and over-friendly. Would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for posting a review following your recent stay. I am pleased that you slept well and enjoyed the quietness of our rooms.

Regarding internet, we have a business center with free internet and we also do not charge Hilton Honor Gold & diamond guests as of 1st September.

kind regards

The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Best Western Plus Murray Hill Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Short Hills? Share your experiences!