“Good place for a weekend!”
Review of Hilton Short Hills

Hilton Short Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is well appointed, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean and nicely decorated. The food in the restaurant is very good, and the bar is a good place to unwind. The mall across the street is excellent for shopping!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 4, 2014

For the busienss traveler, this hotel offers true comfort and a room you look forward to getting back to after a long hard day. But the price of food and drink will break your expense budget. Be prepared to got out and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed March 28, 2014

After a brief absence, my return to this hotel has been to the positive. As I have seen this hotel transition in many visits, I am hopeful that new management will pilot the ship towards its prior 5 diamond status and achieve it. The Holy Grail of hospitality as most know is not easy to attain and I can attest that this one shown when it was.
Giving me some encouragement that this could be even possible was a helpful and friendly attitude and welcome overall demander by the staff. It should be no secret that repeat business is crucial to the long term maintenance of any long term success. One new persona especially stuck out to me, a gentleman by the name of Ayaz Akbar patiently and proudly assisted me with my reservation and shared with me his experience at another Hilton property. He is deserving of this upgrade in property assignment and is a refreshing addition to this team. Being in the service business, I know that customers do not enjoy being put on permahold or given a runaround. He was precise, methodical and friendly. I am sure he will be an accretive factor in this hotel’s operations going forward. In a world that is filled with bureaucracy, it is always nice to find someone who understands the personal touch. I hope the hotel stays on this path.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2014

When checking in with valet parking the two Parker's where engaged in conversation.Neither one offered to help with luggage,or park car,until I had to ask them for help..rude check in,The club floor is the only one that I have ever been in that charges for drinks,soft is no charge,but everything else is with fee..should advise guests,or have a notice ,since it is quite unusual on executive floor to charge..Pool check in was rude,as well. will try to stay as far away as possible,of this property until customer service improves..

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlsbadgirl12
Melissa S, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband, to attend a wedding. They had a separate area for checking in, along with glasses of delicious champagne and water bottles for your room. We were in our room within a couple of minutes. The hotel was beautiful, well designed. Rooms were very spacious, classic furniture.

The bathroom was very large and impeccably clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed with my husband and my 2 year old son, for one week in the Short Hills, Hilton. I must say I was quite impressed with the well maintained property, everything clean, the carpets are new and the furniture too. The room we had, was large and tidy, the bathroom floor and tub was impeccable! It was a great surprise find a nice hotel updated and the service was unbeatable!!

The Dining room hot buffet breakfast was very complete and different each day. Adriana, Ana and Mirian are extremely nice, corteous, and warm. We spent a whole week in the hotel because we were moving and those ladies were like a little family to us. It is nice to see nice faces, and people who enjoy their jobs as much as they do.

I totally recommend this hotel, they have a nice indoor pool and beautiful spa, free parking and just across the street is the Short Hills Mall!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor, the Executive floor.