Hilton Short Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Reviewed August 24, 2013

suburban new jersey isnt exactly the hotbed of night life, but when you want to go out on saturday night, or on a date, every bar is noisy, crowded and not conducive for talking and getting to know your date.

the hilton's bar/lounge isnt ever overcrowded, the couches are comfy, and you can actually talk in normal conversational tones with your date or significant other. yes, the food and drinks are a bit pricey,but its sure worth the price not to be jostled and having someone next to you yelling in your ear.

the lounge gives off the air of elegance and sophistication, but jeans and a t-shirt work there as well. the wait staff are friendly and helpful.they have a nice little menu, and the food is very good and moreover,the drinks arent watered down.

so what could be bad? nothing. try it sometime when you are tired of being a sardine on a saturday night in some bar.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Indriani S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback from your most recent stay. I was delighted to read that you were well looked after by our team and that you were able to relax. It is so nice to hear from loyal guest such as yourselves, as we value your feedback tremendously.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I at this hotel recently with my wife and young daughter and must say I was completely disappointed in the poor customer service. It first began when I attempted to order room service for my daughter. Our room was missing the menu and after calling the In Room Dining department TWICE to get one, they took 30 minutes to send it up. Upon checkout, I was appauled to see that the children's hot dog I ordered was charged to the room at $30.00. After being listed on the menu for 10.95, I instictively called down to the front desk and to review the bill. The front desk attendant "Richie" let me know that the Room Service director was "too busy" right now and she would get back to me when she was free. 3 hours later, I received a phone call explaining that the $10.00 children's hot dog I ordered was in fact correct at 30.00 due to the in room dining "service charge" AND automatic gratuity that is added to the bill. I left the hotel feeling cheated and taken advantage of. The place should be ashamed of themsleves to employ these types of protocols. It's a mediocre hotel at best, with horrible customer service. the best thing about the place is the mall across the street. They should be embarrassed and ashamed.

3  Thank daniel f
Indriani S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking your time and posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are terribly disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. We would like to take this opportunity to look into some of these issues further, in order to make improvements for future guests. Should you have a moment, please email me at Indriani.susanto@hilton.com with the confirmation number from your stay as well as your Tripadvisor username. I do hope you allow us another opportunity to regain your trust as we do value your business and expect your next stay will be much more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel is top-notch. Had a wonderful stay. Rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, staff excellent, and the food is really great - don't miss dining in the bar or restaurant. The Executive Chef is doing a fantastic job. This is a very well managed property. I'd stay there again without hesitation. And you can walk to the Short Hills mall, which has some great shopping. Stay at this one!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the amazing review. We’re thrilled to have created a lasting impression. Our team will be happy to know that you appreciated the overall tone of our luxury hotel along with enjoying our service and amenities that we work very hard to deliver. It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent a weekend at the Hilton short hills. Hotel is well located for a weekend, accessible to restaurants in the area as well as an easy walk to the short hills mall.
Staff generally was really friendly and eager to help wherever possible. The rooms are a good size and there is a really nice pool area and spa available to guests as well as a large comfortable bar with superb bar tenders eager to help you enjoy your time. Plus plenty of free parking available.

Couple of things detracted from the hotel. The rooms and bathrooms are well kept but generally feel tired. There are clearly a lot of weddings and events at the hotel and the lobby and event floors/bar have been recently refurbished and are modern and inviting, unfortunately the rooms need to undergo the same updates. Additionally, if you want a seat at the pool arrive early. Both days we were there local members arrived early and were reserving 12 seats at a time for their family who arrived hours later. Finally, simple things in the hotel are expensive ($5 for a small bottle of water in the shop).

Overall, a really enjoyable weekend away, but if you like your hotels modern this might be a disappointment.

1  Thank ASJNY

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience. I have shared your great points and recommendations with the rest of our executive committee so that we may take these into account during our next room remodel. You have some very good observations. As you can see with our new lobby, The Dining Room and The Retreat renovations, a more modern look is the long term plan for the entire hotel. I do appreciate you taking the time to send us your review and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel last month for the sole purpose of having a quiet weekend by the outdoor pool. But was I in for a rude awakening, I arrived at the pool at 10:00 and ¾ of the 100+ chairs were taken by towels and magazines but maybe only 10 people were down by the pool. Their definitely is a group of regulars (not sure if they are hotel guests or not) that give you dirty looks if you encroach on their space at the pools edge on the sunny side. Ok I found chairs and tried to get over the annoyance of the chair situation until I realized that one family takes 5 chairs and two umbrellas and then don’t arrive at the pool until after 1:00 pm and doesn’t even sit in them as they swim all day. Then because there was a wedding at the hotel, a large group showed up at the pool with plastic bags full of beer and became very loud and disrespectful of the people around them including smoking at their chairs even though there are posted signs stating that outside food and smoking where prohibited. The pool staff did nothing about them all afternoon and even managers who came out to greet the “regulars” just walked on by the group drinking and smoking. These events did not make for a relaxing day in the least.
After leaving the pool we went up to the Executive Lounge for an early evening snack and drink and were shocked that the family that earlier took the 5 chairs for only two adults were in there. Their two very young boys running around in the room and eating what they were treating as their dinner and acting like it was their own private dining room. The parents were disrespectful of other guests and what made it worse is they were also in the breakfast buffet restaurant the next morning acting as if they owned the place.
The room was worn but very clean and the staff was nice and friendly as well except a front desk employee by the name of Richie who was not friendly when I asked about a late check out (2:00 pm) and was told I would have to pay for it. However, to add to my frustration was the father of the 5-chair family was at the desk speaking to a manger about his late checkout of 6:00pm.
If a hotel management is going to reward guests for disruptive and disrespectful behavior, I will take my hard-earned money to another local hotel that has outdoor pools as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Terry B
Anthony S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay the details of your stay. We are very appreciative that you would choose our Hotel, yet incredibly disappointed that you experienced anything less than an absolutely first-rate visit. The experience you describe is certainly nowhere near the hospitality and service standards we pride ourselves on delivering each and every day – and for that we sincerely apologize. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the matters you've described in further detail. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience @ Anthony.Spagnolo@Hilton.com

Reviewed August 12, 2013

August 2013 During my stay i have experience the best hotel staff service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxation. The rooms are very clean and the beds sleep comfortably. The hotel staff recongnized and added a special touch with a piece of birthday cake sent to my room upon my arrival. Thanks for making my celebration Superb stay Short Hills Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Indriani S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you so very much for your positive feedback, and thank you for choosing to stay with us for your birthday celebration! Happy belated birthday! We are honored to have been part of such an exciting occasion. We hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel now more than a dozen times, and it feels like coming home every time. The rooms are really comfy, spacious and well equipped. The food is great is the restaurants, the staff very helpful with any type of request. Pool spa area seems to be great as well, although i have personally never used it. The luxury short hills mall is just opposite in walking distance. Meeting rooms for business are great as well. I will always come back to this hotel when i am in the NJ area...

Room Tip: Not too close to the elevators