Hilton Short Hills
$149
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$174
$142
Westminster Hotel(Livingston)
$109
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

Archer Hotel Florham Park(Florham Park)(Great Value!)
$129
$127
Hotels.com
$76
Travelocity
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Garden Plaza Hotel(West Orange)
$119
Priceline
$89
$78
1,149 results
All reviewsmall across the streetindoor poolthe executive loungenew jerseyself parkingfront desk managerbreakfast buffetbusiness tripbusiness centerfitness centerfree shuttleeforea spaweddinganthonynjretreatbellman
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this property for one night for a mini slumber party for our daughter's birthday, mainly because of the pool. It wa a good size pool for the kids to swim around for a couple of hours.

It was very difficult for me to rate this hotel poor even though we enjoyed our stay very much and the hotel staff was very nice and accomodating. The great things first - the spa and fitness center were tastefully done. The pool, locker area, steam shower, sauna were awesome. The hotel room was well maintainted, nice and clean with lots of traditional decoration. I think it would be better if the hotel rooms have the similar clean modern look like the spa. We also ate at the Madison for breakfast. The food and service were good. Typical continental breakfast plus additional hot stations like sausage, bacon, omellete,etc. Based on these experience alone, I would rate the hotel excellent.

Unfortunately, I have a very unpleasent experience that brought down my rating from excellent to poor. The main reason I gave this hotel a poor rating was due to their valet service. I could care less about the valet since I did not use their service, but I cared a lot more when safety (or lack thereof) was involved. The hotel management really should train their valet staff to obey the safety rules. My wife almost got ran over by the valet parking attendant in front of the hotel before checking in. The driver claimed that his view was blocked by the sunglare and did not see her walking with her suitcase. I thought that the driver would learn his lesson and drove carefully but it was the opposite. As soon as he apologized he stepped on the gas and raced toward the valet parking lot which was literally across from the hotel lobby, like nothing happened. I was just glad that nobody got hurt. But to have this type of experience at the hilton short hills was not acceptable at all.

Room Tip: -Try to book the executive level rooms. nightly appetizers and daily breakfasts were worth an upgrade. -The indoor pool has limited hours for children. I think it's 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM and 7AM to 9:30 AM.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jeruk85
Paul H, Director of Sales at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

First off, congratulations on your daughters Birthday...what a special day for her! I am glad we could be a part of her celebration.

Thank you for all the positive feedback regarding your experience at the hotel. We truly pride ourselves as being New Jersey's premier hotel provide first class service to every guest.

With that said, your expereince with the valet is quite converning and I have reviewed this situation in detail with our General Manager. Our guests saftey is paramount and we appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention.

973-912-7959

Please follow up with us if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The entire staff at the Short Hills were very accomadating helpful and pleasant. We celebrated a 40th Spa Birthday. It was a very pleasant. We checked in at the Spa and lounged around the pool the entire day. We had a wonderful lunch. The service was qucik. The ooms were very nice well. Dinner and breakfast we very good. Service in the dining was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Paul H, Director of Sales at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

A 40th birthday is a special time in ones life, congratulations!

I am glad you had such a nice experience at our eforea Spa. Just recently the eforea Spa in Short HIlls received an award from Hilton Worldwide as the best spa in our comapny! Our team is very proud and their hard work and high level of customer service shows through in your review of our hotel.

Thank you and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

was here recently for a party for a family friend and stayed two nights. I was wondering why their needed to be a Hilton in short hills at first, but boy was I suprised. This is a superb hotel! The staff was lovely from the minute we stepped in, the rooms were modern high end equipment nd very large and the view of a river behind the pool was lovely. the food and restaurant was also excellent. The staff was really the highlight of a truly perfect and hasslefree stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Michael -

Thank you for such a terrific review...it all starts with our a staff. Your comments make me proud of our engaged team members providing first class customer service to our guests each and every day.

I glad you had such a wonderful stay with us. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I try to stay at the Hilton in Short Hills New Jersey at least 3-4 times per year if for just a relaxing weekend. The Hotel is the very best in New Jersey with no doubt. The staff is excellent. The Hotel
is maintained meticulously! The service and staff cannot do enough for you. They are all pleasant and friendly . The food is excellent. They serve a wonderful complimentary cold buffet in the evening and a wonderful Breakfast in the morning. The 2 Pools and Jacuzzi are clean and the water comfortable. There is a small but sufficiently equipped fitness center! All salon services are available. The price is more than reasonable for what one receives. I strongly recommend the Hilton to anyone. The Rooms are well maintained and immaculate! For a vacation, or a short getaway it is the best! The location is perfect as everything is within driving distance such as Morris Township , NYC, Jersey City, etc. The Short Hills Mall is across the Highway if one wants to shop or browse.
You owe it to yourself to spend time in this elegant wonderful Hotel!
Stephen G Nutley NJ

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul H, Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Stephen -

Thank you for your feedback! If you think it is great now, wait until March when we reopen the Dining Room after a million dollar renovation.

Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was entirely pleased with the quality of service and services provided by this hotel. I had previously visited for a business event, which made the hotel seem dreary in the middle of Northern New Jersey.

This time, I was there for a family event and couldn't have been more satisfied. The rooms are very carefully appointed, and don't feel as dated as the hotel exterior might suggest they are. Service and attention to detail were also very good. The only negatives were spotty wi-fi and proximity only to the Short Hills Mall.

There are no city views, and you can't go downstairs and instantly find yourself at a coffee shop in SoHo. But if you find yourself in Short Hills for the weekend, definitely check out this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us! I will share your feedback with the wifi situation with our IT team.

Thank you!