“Beware!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Richmond, Virginia
“Beware!”
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I stayed in December 2007 for business and all charges were to go to the company I was consulting for. As usual I left a card imprint for incidentals and when I checked out I was reassured that there were no charges. To my surprise a small charge was billed to my card (about $7) the next month and although I had no idea why, it was easiest to pay. A bigger surprise was a month later when $300 was charged to my card for a "stay" in January 2008 even though I had only been there once in 2007. I called the property and they refused to help me. I wrote directly to the Hilton and finally the Front Office Manager, Mr Pisapia, contacted me but suggested that I was lying. Finally after collecting and sending all of the records the hotel agreed there was an error and someday the charges will be reversed (not as of Feb 2008 yet).

This property is very nice, the rooms clean and comfortable, however the front desk is snotty and apparently dishonest.

• Liked — The property was very nice
  • Disliked — The attitude of the manager and concern for dishonest billling
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank BKR-7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Milford, PA
Reviewed January 17, 2008

We stayed here for our niece's wedding. We had adjoining rooms, with us in one and the kids in the other. The rooms were lovely. The food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. Highly recommend.

• Liked — The total luxury.
  • Disliked — the rug between the two rooms needed repair.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Yes, the hotel is a bit pricey, but for the area, it's a typical rate. Everything in Short Hills is expensive, mall, houses, food. heck even Starbucks charges more for their coffee. The restaurant isn't cheap but the food is prepared by 5-star chefs. The amenities especially the spa are among the best in the state. If you are lookig for an inexpensive place to stay, try some of the hotels on Route 10 in East Hanover (a few miles away). This hotel is if you want to pamper yourself or naturally someone else (like your employer) is footing the bill. All in all it's a great place to stay and I recommend it.

• Liked — Accomodations and food
  • Disliked — The heat / AC isn't working too well
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chicken_Carbonara
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed there from Oct 18 through 22 (four nights). We needed to be near Livingston, NJ and this was the closest best hotel. The location was good for our purposes. It is a little too far with traffic congestion, etc. if you plan on going into Manhattan a lot - 45 minutes without traffic to midtown. Cab fares are out of sight - just under $100 each way. Cheaper to rent a car, but then the parking in Manhattan is cost prohibitive and the traffic.....

The hotel was great. We stayed on one of the tower floors (6 and 7). Highly recommend it. They have 32" flat panel TVs and access to the club room which provides a good continental breakfast, beverages, etc. and good hors deuvres from 5:30pm and desserts from 8pm on. On Sundays, the hotel has a very expensive brunch ($50/pp) and the extra food is available in the club room starting at 5:30pm. No need to go to dinner that night. We canceled our plans to go back into Manhattan. All this is included in the price of the room, which is a little higher than the other rooms, but worth it.

The room was very clean, new, beautiful carpet, furniture, etc. The bathroom was spacious, granite, etc. Very comfortable bed. That was one of the main reasons we picked this hotel from reading other reviews on this website. The service is excellent. Only problem we had was asking for a wakeup call for the first morning that never called us. Good thing we also set the alarm clock which was in the room already.

The Terrace Restaurant in the hotel can be excellent or so so and the same with the service. It is spotty, but convenient. The first night I had the salmon entree and it was great. The next night I had the halibut entree and it was awful. My husband ordered different entrees and again the first night was great and the second was bad.

Another plus is the Mall which is across the street sort of. The hotel offers a free drive back and forth in a limo. It is a beautiful mall.

All said, we would stay there again. Highly recommend it.

• Liked — comfortable bed, mall across the street
  • Disliked — wakeup call reliability
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I was lucky enough to be staying on a company expense account, so can't really comment about value for money. However, the hotel is very luxurious in a traditional way. The restaurant is very good with a great selection of wines and the Spa and Gym facilities are second to none.

The interior is a bit overblown and flouncy but everything is clean and sparkling.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank traffert
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We have family nearby and this is really the only decent hotel in the area. It is somwhat pricey especially since you wouldn't stay here for the amenities. It is clean, comfortable and pleasant.

• Liked — Cleanliness, look of the hotel, comfort
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I stayed at this hotel earlier this week in room 214. It's a nice hotel with some expensive touches. I wasn't blown away by this place, but it is probably the nicest Hilton I've stayed at - except for the fact that my room was cold and I could not adjust the heat (I think that the HVAC was not working properly and, admitedly, it's partially my fault because I never said anything - just didn't want to deal with it). The food is very overpriced - many of the entrees do not come with sides -- you can get ala carte mashed potatoes for SIX DOLLARS though!! I found the employees courteous and helpfu, not at all rude. There are plasma TVs in the rooms, which might have been impressive a few years ago, but not so much now. The hotel is a little hard bit to find. There is a VERY nice, VERY upscale mall across the street with practically every store you could imagine. Bottom line, I had a few problems during my stay, but I'd stay here again (if I'm not paying for it) if I'm in the area.

Stayed August 2007
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Best Western Plus Murray Hill Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Short Hills? Share your experiences!