“Nice Hotel but not what it once was”
Review of Hilton Short Hills

Hilton Short Hills
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Short Hills
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel used to be one of my favorites on my business hotel list. While the location in Northern New Jersey is convenient to Madison, Florham Park and even Parsippany, the hotel itself has fallen victim economy and it shows from volume of employees to guests, and other general services.

The furnishing in this property are old and are showing their age accordingly. My room furnishings were really marked and dirty and one stop at the lounge will confirm this claim is throughout the hotel.

I'm sure the management are doing their best job and this property needs a capital infusion from ownership. While the stay was more than acceptable, anyone who had stayed at this hotel through the years will notice a significant difference.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LiscomeBay
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate all of our guests feedback. I did happen to take mention to your comments and I have shared your great points and recommendations with the rest of our executive committee so that we may take these into account during our next room remodel.

You have some very good observations, and as you can see with our new spa renovation, a more modern look is the long term plan for the entire hotel. We plan on beginning renovations concerning the Lobby & Restaurants in the next couple of months and then begin the focus on our guest rooms.

I do appreciate you taking the time to inform us about your most recent stay, and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed August 7, 2011

This is one of the nicest Hilton properties anywhere. Rooms are so cozy and comfortable. Great amenities. Location is perfect with the Short Hills Mall directly across he street with many restaurant choices. Nothing bad to say about this great Hilton!

• Stayed: August 2011
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to read that you had a comfortable & pleasant stay with us and that your time as a guest of ours was most enjoyable.

I thank you for taking the time to write your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the Best,

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Short Hills over 4th of July weekend last month with my husband and some friends when we were in town for a wedding. We picked the hotel because we wanted a place with an outdoor pool, and we were very pleasantly surprised by how nice the entire hotel was! The pool is wonderful and you feel like you are on vacation -- not in the middle of suburbia -- while you are there. We were also very pleased with the service around the hotel. One afternoon we asked for directions as to how best to walk to Short Hills mall (right across the street), and someone from the hotel was nice enough to offer to drive us over!

If you are in the area and looking for a place to say, Short Hills Hilton is your place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at The Hilton Short Hills. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay over the Holiday weekend.

I am delighted to read that your overall experience with our staff, the service and great location of our property was a pleasant one. We thank you again, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have decided to give the hotel another try, it is conveniently located. I was pleasantly surprised. The old "attitude" has disappeared, the staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful without being subservient. The bathrobes are back. Breakfast is great and now very pleasant indeed! The outside pool is OK, there could be more headphones in the gym in the evenings but wouldn't grumble, they are there, which is a nice touch. It would be nice to include the wi-fi free of charge, as one would expect in a hotel of this category. Good job in implementing the changes! Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank diddlina
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that your most recent stay with us was an improvement from when you last visited the hotel, and I am happy that you decided to give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your experience with us, and that you observed the new focus and direction of our hotel.

I want to thank you for generous comments, and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I was very happy with my stay at this Hilton. The room was large, clean and updated. This room had everything you need including lots of outlets, stocked mini bar, comfortable beds, large bathroom (with volume control for the tv and a phone in the bathroom). Very nice breakfast buffet, spa, restaurant, fitness center, pool.....

We were staying here for business and drove in from LGA. An off-rush hour drive took about 45 minutes to get from the hotel from the airport. The hotel is located right next to a large mall that is quite nice. There is also a brand new Cheesecake Factory Restaurant right across the street.

If I were back in this area I would definitely stay here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Hilton Short Hills, and that your time with us was a pleasant one.

I am happy to see that you were able to experience what our hotel has to offer as well as the great aspects of our location, such at the Mall at Short Hills.

I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit, and i hope to have you stay with us again.

All the Best,

Reviewed July 18, 2011

The Wells Family would like to thank all of the staff at the Short Hills Hilton for making our stay most enjoyable. From the front door staff to the managers, everyone was above and beyond when it comes to service. Our rooms were spectacular and the food at breakfast, in our hospatility suite and our Sunday Brunch was over the top. Our every request was met with courtesy and accomodation. The pool and spa were most enjoyable. Our total experience more than met our expectations and we would always recommend the Short Hills Hilton to our friends and family. Thank You for making our family reunion a success. First Class.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fabulous. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was like a luxury apartment.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor about your recent expereince at the Hilton Short Hills. I am so pleased to read that you and your family had such a wonderful time at your reunion, and I am very happy that we were able to make this occaison a memorable one.

We strive for delivering excellence in service and I am so glad that your event was a success. I thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience with us, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

My wife and I attended a wedding at the Hilton Short Hills and stayed two nights. It is one of the most professionally run hotels we have ever encountered. The room, amenities, food and most especially the wedding arrangements and staff were superior.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
AmberDubiny, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Short Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Thank you for your review concerning the Hilton Short Hills on TripAdvisor. I am so thankful for your generous comments and the time you took to post your review.

As a Hilton Hotel, we strive for excellence in hospitality, and I am so pleased to read that as a guest of ours, you felt valued and genuinely cared for. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall with us, as well as your time at the wedding you attended.

I appreciate your kind words, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,

The Westin Governor Morris, Morristown
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
#1 of 1 in Springfield

Been to Hilton Short Hills? Share your experiences!