“Fresh From The Sea AND Can't Be Beat”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 29 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: JFK Parkway
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Our restaurant is located inside The Mall at Short Hills on the lower level. You may choose to beach yourself in our dining room or at our bar. Either way, we’ll think you walk on water - be sure to see our aquarium of koi fish built into the floor. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
nj
“Fresh From The Sea AND Can't Be Beat”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been here a few times. Disappointed in the past with the quality and price I was reluctant to go again. BUT, hubby loves seafood and we were nearby for drinks. WOW, I was mightily impressed. We had made a reservation through Open Table. Well we thought we did. The computer did not show our rez; I showed them my email confirmation. "Madam, that reservation is for Aug. 5!" Hmmmm. Well they seated us anyway. Service was friendly and well paced. Hot rolls and butter. MMMMM. We started with steamers. THESE WERE THE BEST STEAMERS I EVER EVER EVER ATE. They were HOT, They were HUGE, they were not overcooked, they were delicious!!!!! Then I had the Cipprioni. So many mussels, clams, scallops, a generous portion of lobster. All in a lovely tomato broth. Hubby had the seafood casserole. He almost licked the bowl. All hot food was served piping hot. I had the best meal I have had in a long time. Well worth the $

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We ate here and the other Legal Seafood restaurants in Boston. Seafood was fresh, grilled fish and crab cakes to die for. We ate here for lunch and dinner. For lunch the prawn BLT is a must! what a fantastic combination. Service was good, but nothing extraordinary. Price was reasonable though on the high side.
Definitely one of the better choices for seafood.

• Visited July 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were told by a friend about the great seafood at this restaurant. They were right! Lovely ambience, great service, great food, price moderate and great service. Weplan to go again for dinner.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Fresh, fresh, fresh seafood”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Their focus is on fresh seafood and they deliver big time. The depth of oyster choices are exceeded by their quality, we usually favor Prince Edward Island and Kumamoto's. We have visited numerous times including celebratory occasions and their service is consistently good.

Visited May 2014
ETOBICOKE
“Birthday Treat!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

A weekend getaway to celebrate my birthday brought my wife and I to this restaurant in part because my wife enjoys seafood and it is considered to be the best seafood restaurant in the U.S.A. Reservations were made and confirmed weeks in advance. Seating was prompt upon arrival. The server was quick to approach our table to inquire on our drink needs and to explain the daily menu specials. Having taken our choices it was not long before the appetizer arrived and our entree. The portions are plentiful and suitable flavored but unfortunately we could not finish the dish as we were overstuffed. Prices are a bit higher than normal for this type of establishment but the quantity of food does make up for it. A return visit is definitely in the plans.

• Visited June 2014