“Reasonable lunchtime spot”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Short Hills
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: JFK Parkway
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Our restaurant is located inside The Mall at Short Hills on the lower level. You may choose to beach yourself in our dining room or at our bar. Either way, we’ll think you walk on water - be sure to see our aquarium of koi fish built into the floor. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Called in on spec with 4 colleagues. Given a table immediately. Food turned up in good time and was as you would expect from this chain.

There are newer reviews for Legal Sea Foods

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My fav spot for seafood in the area. Seafood is very fresh. The restaurant is very cozy and ambiance is special.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

It's nice to know that I don't have to go down the shore to get good sea food. We were walking around the Short hills mall and decided we needed to get some dinner. We went on line to Open Table and made a reservation for 7:30 PM, the Mall closes on Saturdays at 8:00PM. We got a confirmation by Open Table and continued to shop at the Mall. at about 7:15 we arrived at the Legal Sea Foods restaurant and saw a mob scene of people, all waiting and trying to get a table. From an outsider looking in it looked bleak for us getting a 7:30 table. We checked in with a lovely hostess who calmly assured us that we would be seated at 7;30. We waited the 15 minutes while all sorts of people tried in vain to get a table and at 7:30 we were called and seated in a lovely booth, with an attentive waitress who immediately asked us what we would like to drink. What a surprise Open Table reservations work well at Legal Sea food. Well the Steamers were really excellent just like eating at Ollie Kleins in Belmar. My salad was made to my exact specifications and was nice and crispy with plenty of tomatoes and sunflower seeds, i ordered the Scrod and it was made just as I orderd. Needless to say the bottomless soda's kept coming and I was very pleased with the meal. The nice little rolls were steaming hot with just enough butter to satisfy the most hungry appetite you might want to satisfy. I really look forward to returning to this restaurant next time I am at he Mall. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The original Legal Seafoods in Kendall Square was good at one time - over 20 years ago - but no longer. The Legal Seafood at the Short Hills Mall has never been good. I've eaten here a few times over the years with my husband and friends. People rave about it, so I kept giving it another chance. The wait is long, the service is slow, and the food is bland and forgettable. We've had better, fresher seafood at an Irish pub in Maplewood. It's beyond me why people like this place.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Even though it is located in the mall, we go to Legal when we want simple seafood and sides. Great healthy option.