“No Deli in Sight! Just a fine dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Beach Haven, New Jersey
“No Deli in Sight! Just a fine dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I venture to Pinziminio's in the shoulder seasons when the summer rush has abated somewhat. The restaurant is beautiful and elegant. I will admit, I am a weak person. Every time I go to P's to dine, I swear I will try something new. I always fail and succumb to the Chicken and Sausage Gorgonzola. It's so good I nearly weep. And, the great benefit is that there's always enough to take some home and re-heat it for lunch the next day. (careful with the microwave settings, as you can damage the gorgonzola if you re-heat too much)

Service is friendly without being intrusive. In each of my many experiences the young wait staff has been very attentive without hovering. (at least here, they let you have a few mouthfuls of food before asking "How is everything?"

I've only wandered over to the dessert side of life once or twice and found the offerings to be tasty and decadent. Better I stay away and enjoy a deliciously brewed cup of coffee after dinner. Put this place on your "places to eat" after the summer crowds have left. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013

Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Although the food was good, the noise level in the restaurant was so loud, it was hard to have a conversation at the table.

Visited July 2012
Sunrise, Florida
“Excellent italian food - not a deli!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

When first opened a few years ago this was a deli/specialty store but it has morphed into an upscale, abnd very good, italian retaurant. Varied and unique menu (not pizza!) with both indoor and outdoor seating, Inside is cool and nice looking but very crowded and extremely noisy. Outside is much more comfortable. Fish dishes are excellent. There are often specials, mostly well executed.

• Visited August 2012
New Jersey
“Good Choice For Solid Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Family went last night. Had a good meal and good service. The eggplant appetizer was very good (and big) and the fried calamari was excellent! Main courses were generally solid with a couple a little sub par but not bad. We were 8 so they added a 20% tip - a little steep in my view but the service was good. Prices typical for LBI - no bargains here.

1 Thank DanoNJ
lower gwynedd, PA
“My Daughter went beginning of season loved it we went back TERRIBLE!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My daughter went in the beginning of the season and loved loved loved this restaurant. (We have friends who love it also.) She was dying to take my husband and I there all summer. Finally we got the opportunity. Well, we had one of the worst meals ever, regardless of price! My daughter was also so upset. She even ordered things (like tuna tartare) that she had previously and loved and this time it was awful! Was fishy and frankly bad. I ordered chicken rollatini which was supposed to be rolled and stuffed with cheese and spinach. I got 2 chunky pieces that were definitely NOT rolled and the only cheese in both pieces total amounted to possibly the size of a half dollar...maybe! I think the most disappointing thing of the night was that our server knew we weren't happy because she heard us talking, but never offered to do anything about it. And, i think this is the first time in recent memory (if ever) that a server has not asked how was everything.....she knew. While I know people rave about it. I would definitely not go back, because clearly at best it's hit or miss and I'd rather not gamble my money on a meal!

• Visited August 2012