“YUMMY, FRIENDLY, LOVELY”

Sand Box Cafe
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia
“YUMMY, FRIENDLY, LOVELY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

My family spent the last week of August in LBI and visited The Sandbox for breakfast three times. The wait was worth it each time. On our first visit I ordered a 'small' pancake that was so big I couldn't finish. On the next two visits, I had the stuffed french toast and it was fabulous.
Vinny, the owner, was gracious and accomodating. His wife Dana checked on us when we finished our meal. And the entire waitstaff was incredibly friendly and charming and cute. My only regret is taking a vacation so late in the season as we have to wait until next Summer to visit The Sandbox again.

1 Thank Regina V

Westampton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

The wonderful owners of this little gem have a great team and fantastic original food. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment and we will tell all our family and friends to stop in this place on their visit here! Outdoor intimate eating in a very fun environment. Get there by 8 as it is a very popular place and the wait can get long, also is cash only.

1 Thank Christina M
New York City, New York
“Mustached Manager Lacks Manners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

The manager/owner (mustached man) at the door was extremely rude and does not know how to deal with patrons. We tried to get on the breakfast list at 11:10 AM when apparently they switch the kitchen over to lunch at noon. Although there was only one party of four waiting that got there a millisecond prior to us, he refused to seat us. There were tables getting up, so we inquired further into his logic. There was no logic there. Although we were looking forward to trying this place, I would never give my business to a place managed/owned by such an ill-mannered individual.

12 Thank PapiChulo10
photodogVinny, Owner at Sand Box Cafe, responded to this review, August 7, 2015
PapiChulo10. You were told there would be at least 1/2 hour wait until a table became available. We do not sit breakfast past 11:30am which is what I explained to you. BTW your party arrived at 11:25 when I sat our last breakfast table. There were no tables getting up when you arrived. You became very agitated and left in a huff. I was not ill mannered. You were clearly angered because you arrived too late to be seated for breakfast. My advise if you want fast food all day, go to a local diner where you can sit anytime of day or night for breakfast.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good and Bad: Fresh, not Frozen Please”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Really good waffles, pancakes and French toast! I was very disappointed with my omelet however. Frozen spinach and mushrooms ruined it for me.

Also, I ordered the chicken Caesar wrap for lunch earlier in the week and they used the chicken-steak-um type chicken rather than real sliced chicken breast. Another disappointment.

richmond virginia
“excellent breakfast in a key west atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Try the pancake sizzlers,tor the crepes or stuffed french toast these are superb. If you tend to want more savory for breakfast the parm eggs are a must...go early, bring cash and enjoy...