“Charming atmosphere, ok food”
Review of Sand Box Cafe

Sand Box Cafe
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Ship Bottom
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have been to The Sandbox Cafe a few times. They have amazing breakfast, but the lunch is only so so. Tis latest visit was not great. When we arrived, we were given a table rut away, which is unusual, as it is generally pretty popular. The table for two was fine, except I was in the sun despite an umbrella above me. When we sat down to order, we were given their standard menu, which has two sides, one with a breakfast menu, one with lunch. I chose from the breakfast menu, only to find out (after 10 minutes or so, when the waitress finally decided to show up), that I couldn't order from it. It was afternoon, but there is nothing on the menu that says when the breakfast menu is no longer available and we weren't told when we arrived. It took the waitress another 15 minutes to come back for our order at that point. The mozzarella wrap I had was fine, not especially interesting. When we were done, it again took the waitress quite a while to return, despite us flagging her down, and she seemed annoyed. When she brought the check (cash only), we asked her to wait, which again seemed to annoy her, and she walked away, leaving another waiter to stay for the check. Not our best experience, which was disappointing as we have had better meals and better service here.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We always eat breakfast when we vacation on LBI! The decor is whimsical and quaint! The service is always top notch! And the food is always yummy! My daughter always gets the pancakes. I always get the specials. But no matter what you get I promise you it will be good!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I found this place by accident and it was wonderful. GREAT food choices and the tiny restaurant has a really cute vibe and look. Terrific for kids.

Thank JanisPleasantvi... G
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 8:30 for breakfast on a Sunday morning. Waited outside for about 10 minutes with another couple and and a group of six. Once inside we ordered quickly and were served within 10 minutes. I had the 1-2-3 breakfast and my girlfriend had the Parmesan Baked Egg. (She loved it!). The pancake that comes in the 1-2-3 breakfast was a meal in itself and was not made from a box mix. All in all great breakfast and wonderful service. We will be repeat customers!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Based on TA reviews, we checked out this place for breakfast. All places we went to for breakfast were great, but this was my favorite based on food, staff & the ambiance. You have to get the sizzler. Its a baked pancake with lots of goodness. We got the one with chocolate chips & peanut butter cream. Just as a side note, the sizzler does take appox 25 minutes, we were aware of that, but my Dad did not hear that and was getting impatient. We just told him it would be worth the wait and it was. I can not wait to go back.