All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomroom was cleanfirst floornice balconyassigned parkingcorner roomlong beach islandfront desk staffoff seasonwet barconvenient locationthe jersey shoreocean view buildingfavorite spotcoffee makerking bed
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Arrived on time, and room we ready. Bright, clean, good view of beach from Balcony. Small Dorm-style fridge and bar-style sink. Bed was comfortable, Enough pillows in case you sleep with more then one, Extra blankets too. Staff was nice, pleasant, Parking was behind the Hotel and secure. Perfect place for an overnight.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floor and building you are in has elevator, one facing beach does not have a lift, one that faces south does, and roomy too
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lawrence L
Anne L, General Manager at Drifting Sands, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Hi Lawrence! On behalf of the entire Drifting Sands team, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you haven’t heard, we are beginning renovations to our property very soon. Please come back and visit us this Spring. We’d love to share the new Drifting Sands with you!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I've been coming to Long Beach Island for years to visit my wife's cousins who have a place in Harvey Cedars. Their daughter got married here a last weekend and we had the most amazing time at at The Bonnet Island Estate on Saturday night. We stayed at Drifting Sands Motel, and were pleased. It is nothing fancy, for sure, but the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We spend 20 minutes walking the beach, and it is every bit as beautiful as I remember it. The Jersey Shore certainly has it's claim as the best beaches in the Northeast.

The woman who did my intake also was very pleasant, and I appreciate her effort to orient me within the complex.

Overall, a nice place to go for a wedding, or, if you want to be at the Jersey Shore.

Room Tip: The units toward the beach are better. The units in the back are not as nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Steambush

Hello ‘Steambush’!
We’re thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit! Property-wide renovations will begin shortly. Please consider the new Drifting Sands as your host on LBI!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We had a 4-night stay this summer and really enjoyed it. Our room was 3rd floor ocean view. The beach is right there and it was easy to come back to our room as needed (not too far a walk at all)... but beware it's a walk-up with no elevators. Plenty of restaurants were within walking distance and many more nearby to drive to as well. A very nice stay. Friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marjie R
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We were in Ship Bottom for a Friday evening wedding and Drifting Sands was recommended to all hotel guests. As I always consult TripAdvisor, I had noticed the online booking for a "King Standard" room was a good value at $189/night versus the hotel direct booking. My husband is 6'3" so we really need a king bed for him to be comfortable. We arrived and the hotel staff could not have been friendlier. Check in was smooth and told us no assigned parking and to park wherever we like. We found plenty of open spots near our assigned room #142 (2nd floor, newer building with balcony facing 9th street). As we were backing in a spot to park two senior citizen women exited their ground floor room right across the parking lot and seemed to be agitated and staring at us. I said to my husband, why are they looking at us like that and as we exited the car one of the "ladies" came marching over to us and asked why we were parking in their spot. Mind you there was PLENTY of open spots. We were the only car parked in the row. I replied that we were told there is no assigned parking to which she angrily said well there better be a spot for my friend when she gets here. I goodness- there would be plenty and they stomped off. Then we go up to our room after our welcoming committee to double beds. Granted the room was spacious and very clean, but by husband does not fit- legs hanging off the edge. We immediately called the front desk and spoke to Matt the Asst. Manager to report what is surely a mistake. We were informed there was no king rooms available and when you use booking.com it is really what is available. There is no mention of this at all on the paperwork. In the end, Matt made this right for us. It was not a good sleep just do to comfort and suggest the hotel and booking.com re-visit the room descriptions and properly align so no one else has a similar issue.

Room Tip: Be careful using booking,com on what type of room you think you might be gegtting
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ColWoody
Reviewed September 14, 2017

Enjoyed my recent stay at the Drifting Sands Motel. Was pleasantly surprised to find I had a beachfront room. Room was clean and had all the amenities I could have hoped for and the staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a good value for its location and will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo