“Great Hotel and Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
You added Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
119 East 9th Street, Ship Bottom, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
“Great Hotel and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was our first trip to this hotel and to LBI. We just needed a few nights, something close to the beach was a must. After a lot of searching I came upon this hotel. I have to say we were pleasntly suprised. I was traveling with my husband and 2 small children. The staff made us feel welcomed, they room was clean and we had a great view. The location is fantastic, on the beach, and near stores and restaurants. I would stay here again!
The only wishes I have is that there was an outdoor shower or pool to get the sand off before going to the room. And I wish they had on line reservations. But they reservation process was quick and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been going down to LBI since I was in my early 20's with no kids. Obviously times have changed And I picked Drifting Sands bc of the location on the island.....peaceful:) I can't believe I have never stayed here before. For an older hotel, the updates, the cleanliness, the accessibility and the service were all fantastic! I was shocked as to how clean this place was. I am a stickler and they surpassed my expectations. We had an ocean view room which was absolutely perfect. The kids slept like babies while I enjoyed a nice glass of wine on the back deck listening to the waves:) The front desk staff and owner were extremely friendly and I will definitely recommend this place to all my friends!

• Stayed July 2014
Valley Cottage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

There truly is no better place on LBI. We have been staying at the Drifting Sands for the past 8 summers and it never disappoints!! The location is excellent, the staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. We look forward to many more summer vacations spent at this wonderful establishment!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's a decent hotel. It's kinda expensive for what your getting. It's just a normal hotel. The rooms are clean sure..but it's got that old hotel smell. The staff was ok, I didn't really deal with them. I stayed in the first floor beach view, you can sorta see the beach..the dunes block your view, so I would suggest get a 2nd or 3rd floor. Dunno if shelling out $300 plus for a shore hotel is really a value for anyone...but I mean it was clean and it's in the middle of LBI so it's only a drive either way to wherever you wanna go.

Room Tip: Go for the 2nd floor beach front rooms. You can't see a thing on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have stayed at the Drifting Sands Motel several times over the past year. I have never been disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms, the courteous and helpful staff and the great location of the motel. If you are looking for clean rooms on the beach I highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer L
Short Hills, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stay away!!!!
Believe the previous reviewers who
state the truth of this motel!!!

-DIRTY ROOMS
-OVERPRICED
-USED WRINKLED SHEETS
-BROKEN FURNITURE

Incredibly rude owner!

Sad and bad experience!

Plenty of nice, well-priced motels in Harvey Cedars and beyond!

Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank ribz99
Ridgefield, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

If proximity to the beach is your only concern, this property should be perfect - only an easy 200 foot walk to the ocean! But be warned about the tissue thin walls/noise from other guests, musty smelling stairways, stone hard mattresses, lack of interior locks on the doors (still using keys from the outside!), lamentable breakfast (rubbery bagels) and anemic shower. I did get a solid hour of sleep though and the price for the room was lower than your typical Four Seasons. The rooms were clean though dated. Can't say there are any better, even for the high price.

Room Tip: Bring a few pair of those moldable ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
The Sand Castle
The Sand Castle
#1 of 5 in Barnegat Light
5.0 of 5 stars 123 reviews

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!