We stayed at the Drifting Sands during the week in July 2013, (buy 2 days get the third free). The 3rd floor room was very clean and our oceanfront room had a spectacular view! The room had all the normal conveniences with a small refrigerator & microwave. You can rent beach lounge chairs & umbrellas too. The staff was very pleasant & helpful. There is a great restaurant within walking distance (Raimondo's and it's BYOB) and several good places for breakfast also within walking distance. I would stay there again. It is great for families and couples. I would have expected this motel to be booked but it was very very quiet there. The entire island was actual very quiet but that is to be expected with the hit it took. I imagine next year things will be back to the normal. My guess is visitors are a bit leery this year. But if you can go this year do it. LBI needs us customers now to visit their merchants and help them up a build back up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drifting Sands boasts LBI's most convenient location in Ship Bottom, NJ. Our array of accommodations offers everything you need for a romantic weekend getaway or a family, fun-filled vacation. Comfort, friendly service, beach access, and stunning ocean views. make Drifting Sands the best value on Long Beach Island, NJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drifting Sands Oceanfront Hotel Ship Bottom
- Drifting Sands Hotel
- Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Ship Bottom