We stayed at the Drifting Sands Motel for one night as we were in town for a wedding. We opted for the ocean front room thinking that it would be some what nice. Well we were wrong. The room was dirty especially the bathroom -ick! The TV was very old and the picture was fading in and out. The linens were very worn and air conditioner was very loud and clunky.
The porch was nice and the view was pretty of the beach. Other than that this is for sure a Motel quality hotel and the hotel owner should be ashamed for charging 5 star prices. Next time we will rent a house or stay at another hotel. The on-site beach was not worth the unpleasant room. Some of our family stayed in the efficencies and they were apparently in even worse condition. They too were charged a fortune for a crappy and smelly room.
Save your money and go elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drifting Sands boasts LBI's most convenient location in Ship Bottom, NJ. Our array of accommodations offers everything you need for a romantic weekend getaway or a family, fun-filled vacation. Comfort, friendly service, beach access, and stunning ocean views. make Drifting Sands the best value on Long Beach Island, NJ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drifting Sands Oceanfront Hotel Ship Bottom
- Drifting Sands Hotel
- Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Ship Bottom