All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomroom was cleanfirst floornice balconyassigned parkingcorner roomlong beach islandfront desk staffoff seasonwet barconvenient locationthe jersey shoreocean view buildingfavorite spotcoffee makerking bed
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Needed a place on short notice too stay on business. They were accommodating in avery possible way. The room was clean and the beach was 20 steps away and good food and excellent shopping was a short walk. As soon as I can afford it the family and I will be going!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Clean, courteous (really!), and in the ocean block. And reasonable prices.

We like how it's central on the island. That makes it easy to go to either end in the least amt. of time (because we do things on both ends). Also, if we need to leave the island for an emergency trip to WalMart we are right there at the causeway to leave the island.

The first year we went to LBI we rented a house sight unseen. It was dirty, expensive, etc. So we toured the Drifting Sands' and figured out where we wanted to rent the next year. We have stayed in two different buildings, and this year we are trying a suite in a 3rd building.

If you want to stay here MAKE RESERVATIONS IN WINTER for best choice, but that's pretty much true of any shore site. Also, as someone said, rooms on the bottom floor that face the ocean have sand piled that obstructs your view. They have had to add sand to the beach due to erosion and now it blocks your view. We stayed there last year anyway, knowing in advance we would see sand out the window. We were just a few steps from the beach and ocean, so what the heck. And there were fewer steps by being on the bottom floor.

Happy vacay!

Room Tip: The next time you visit LBI pop in to check out all the buildings, see the lay out, and see what matters most to you. The newer buildings are especially nice inside, I think.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anonymous F
Reviewed May 30, 2012

When I booked my reservation I was told, "...all we have left is an Ocean View Room..." Since we always like to see the ocean from our room I thought for $240 including tax it was worth it.

When I checked in I was shown a map of where our room was located. I told the desk clerk that I had booked an "Ocean View" room and the room she pointed to was nowhere near the ocean. She said the "name was deceptive” but that is what they call an ocean room view room and it was the only room they had left. TAKE IT or LEAVE IT!

When we got to the room we had a view of a Condo parking lot and a fish market. Not what we thought we had paid for when we reserved.

On the bright side the room was clean and spacious with a welcome coffeemaker.

The point is be sure you know what room you are getting and in my opinion the Drifting Sands should stop their deception

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Frank S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

as far as motels go, it was very nice. very clean. very nice. a few steps to the beach and parking right in front of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pati1972
Reviewed May 15, 2012

stayed overnight for a wedding 2 weeks ago.very noisy rooms. toilet and shower from next door echoed through our room. by far nothing modern but the direct tv. room was very clean though. i would not stay here again due to the high room noise levels. by far not worth the money.

Room Tip: rooms were very noisy. i was in room 5. flower pots had no flowers but very large weeds..
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple