“good-very good”

Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
Reviewed May 28, 2012

as far as motels go, it was very nice. very clean. very nice. a few steps to the beach and parking right in front of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Pati1972

Reviewed May 15, 2012

stayed overnight for a wedding 2 weeks ago.very noisy rooms. toilet and shower from next door echoed through our room. by far nothing modern but the direct tv. room was very clean though. i would not stay here again due to the high room noise levels. by far not worth the money.

Room Tip: rooms were very noisy. i was in room 5. flower pots had no flowers but very large weeds..
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justal0cal
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently stayed at the Drifting Sands for one night while in LBI for a wedding. My husband and I stayed in an efficiency in a rear building on the third floor. To my surprise we could actually see the ocean from our balcony, between the main building and a house across the street! Not a full view...but the ocean nonetheless! I am happy to report our room did not have a "musty" smell...upon entering the room it had a scent of the seashore! The room was clean, the towels were thick and soft, and the beds were comfortable. No flatscreen tv, but we didnt need it. We could walk to the beach, Wawa, CVS, Ron Jons, and a cute little restaurant for breakfast. The front desk personnel were pleasant at check-in; and told us about free coffee and bagels in the office the following morning. The only problem with our room: it was not soundproof. The television and conversations next door were easily heard through the wall. But this would not stop me from staying here again. Remember...you can watch the sunrise over the ocean, then have a wonderful, refreshing walk on the beach! Priceless!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CroydonTraveler
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Not only is the view amazing from an ocean front room and just a short bike ride away from many wonderful restaurants, but this oceanside getaway has superior service. The office staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The rooms are fully equipped with every comfort and the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank BeachBumJohnny
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have been staying at the Drifting Sands for over five years . I am a businessman who loves to fish and I bring my customers to LBI for chartered fishing trips. I stay an average of 40 nights a year spring through fall at the Drifting Sands.The service , staff, security are top notch and make me feel like family. The rooms are well maintained and very clean. I would highly recommend the Drifting Sands to all.

Thanks,

Jay Simmons

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay S
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We always enjoy our stay at the Drifting Sands. The location is fantastic, being right on the beach, and close by to everything. Our rooms are always immaculate. The front desk staff are always so helpful, and the coffee and bagels are a great perk. Beach badges are provided, and the sun coming up over the ocean every morning is spectacular. I would never even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ocean view- can never go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading reviews prior to going, I was a little uncertain of Drifting Sands. I'm a little picky about hotels, and I live in a beach area myself, but the hotel is absolutely nice. The beds are comfortable, it's very clean, they have fresh coffee in the a.m. if you don't want to make it yourself in your room (and sometimes bagels), and the oceanfront rooms are amazing with the view. I did see in the "motel" side of the hotel as well, and although the backside of them aren't the prettiest, they are clean with what I'm guessing are new mattresses (I always life the sheets to see).
We left our door opened day and night and to hear the ocean waves and to wake up looking at such a pretty sight, was such a nice getaway.
I highly recommend this hotel. I really don't think the pictures on line do it justice, but the oceanfront rooms are literally ON THE beach...and the other parts of the hotel are right there as well...no boardwalk inbetween like we have here in our town, but right on the beach. There are also cute little restaurants and a sports bar right across the street. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 11 in Toms River
Seaside Best Rentals
Seaside Best Rentals
#1 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!