Drifting Sands Oceanfront Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Islander Motel(Ship Bottom)
Quarterdeck Inn(Ship Bottom)
View Hotel
Surf City Hotel(Surf City)
  • Restaurant
Daddy O Hotel(Long Beach Township)
View Hotel
Long Beach Inn(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
Haven Beach Motel(Beach Haven)
Mariner Inn(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
Spray Beach Hotel(Beach Haven)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean frontnice balconyroom was cleancorner roomfront desk stafflong beach islandoff seasonthe jersey shoreoceanfront viewsecond floorcoffee makerking bednight staygreat vacationfamily vacationthis past weekendassigned parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Not only is the view amazing from an ocean front room and just a short bike ride away from many wonderful restaurants, but this oceanside getaway has superior service. The office staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. The rooms are fully equipped with every comfort and the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank BeachBumJohnny
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have been staying at the Drifting Sands for over five years . I am a businessman who loves to fish and I bring my customers to LBI for chartered fishing trips. I stay an average of 40 nights a year spring through fall at the Drifting Sands.The service , staff, security are top notch and make me feel like family. The rooms are well maintained and very clean. I would highly recommend the Drifting Sands to all.

Thanks,

Jay Simmons

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay S
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We always enjoy our stay at the Drifting Sands. The location is fantastic, being right on the beach, and close by to everything. Our rooms are always immaculate. The front desk staff are always so helpful, and the coffee and bagels are a great perk. Beach badges are provided, and the sun coming up over the ocean every morning is spectacular. I would never even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ocean view- can never go wrong.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading reviews prior to going, I was a little uncertain of Drifting Sands. I'm a little picky about hotels, and I live in a beach area myself, but the hotel is absolutely nice. The beds are comfortable, it's very clean, they have fresh coffee in the a.m. if you don't want to make it yourself in your room (and sometimes bagels), and the oceanfront rooms are amazing with the view. I did see in the "motel" side of the hotel as well, and although the backside of them aren't the prettiest, they are clean with what I'm guessing are new mattresses (I always life the sheets to see).
We left our door opened day and night and to hear the ocean waves and to wake up looking at such a pretty sight, was such a nice getaway.
I highly recommend this hotel. I really don't think the pictures on line do it justice, but the oceanfront rooms are literally ON THE beach...and the other parts of the hotel are right there as well...no boardwalk inbetween like we have here in our town, but right on the beach. There are also cute little restaurants and a sports bar right across the street. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DonnasVirginia
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed 2 nights for a wedding in the cheaper building, i.e. not ocean front. The location is terrific- right in the middle of the island and 2 houses from the beach for our building. The front desk people never told us there were bagles and coffee in the morning, the internet wireless connection was useless,the room so so poorly lit that you could hardly read, and the heater in the bathroom was quite rusty, from occupants who "missed" the toilet! That said it is all about location. Don't miss the Greenhouse Restaurant which is across the street and walkable. Great beakfasts especially for those who need a gluten free option.

Room Tip: if you stay in an ocean front room, don't stay on the first floor because you won't even see the water over the sand dunes!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple