“Good food, great service, worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
NY, NY
“Good food, great service, worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Family of four went here recently for breakfast and were satisfied. It was not a 'wow' or amazing experience - but a good solid breakfast.

On the positive side...The OJ was wonderful - fresh squeezed, tangy and not too sweet. The coffee (for 2 at least) came out in a carafe leaving us free to take refills as needed. The bacon - both in my wife's BLT and my son's omelet - was exceptionally tasty and crisp without being dry. The blueberries in my blueberry pancakes were delicious and plentiful. And I *loved* that they offered real maple syrup with the pancakes.

On the negative side...the pancakes themselves were too sweet and too crisp/dry. The 'T' in my wife's BLT was an abomination for August in Jersey. The peaches in my daughter's peach pancakes were few and far between. And my son's omelet was an very thin layer of egg wrapped around a heap of cheese and bacon - basically an omelet for people who don't actually like eggs.

But the service was truly excellent and we loved the new decor - particularly the tile 'orange' wall. We will certainly go again.

• Visited August 2014

Mamaroneck, New York
“THE NEW LBI PANCAKE HOUSE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Have been going to the LBI Pancake house for over 20 years.
Always very good & dependable. Before and after the make over.
Looks great now too.
All the pancakes are winners.

• Visited July 2014
NJ
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Since we knew it gets crowded, we called ahead of time and did not have to wait :-) The staff is excellent. Young kids with lots of energy and smiles. The food was excellent, yummy crispy bacon. They only accept cash, so bring cash. Was there on 4th of July and they were open and busy! Great place. Awesome fresh squeezed OJ. Glad to hear they weren't damaged by the fire in the building next door, which happened a few days after we left.

• Visited July 2014
Bronx, New York
“Good food, long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Went there for breakfast, my husband had an omelette and I had an egg sandwich. My husband kept sayin mmm...this is the best omelette I ever had...my sandwich was very good as well. The problem was the long wait for the food, maybe they need more people in the kitchen? Because I don't think is normal to wait almost half hour for a sandwich and an omelette. But anyway, it was worth waiting and we recommend this place.

Visited July 2014
Wilkes-Barre, PA
“Just not impressed... Here's why.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stopped in here recently due to some pretty good reviews on T.A. There were a line of people outside the door, so we figured it had to be good. We waited about 30-40 minutes to be seated. Luckily it was a nice morning, so we didn't mind the wait. We were seated at a wobbly table. I mention this because every time wait staff or other customers would walk by the tight quarters, they would more than likely bump our table and spill our drinks. Tables are pretty much on top of eachother with about one foot of space between them. We waited about 15 minutes for someone to come take our order (we did receive an apology "sorry for the wait"). Ordered our food and waited another 30 minutes for it to come out (received another apology "sorry for wait - food should be right out"). Food was half decent...I had blueberry pancakes and the husband had french toast. Prices were decent for LBI, which was one positive. Overall, we were there for about 2+ hours for a mediocre breakfast that could have been duplicated somewhere else for 1/2 the price and a 1/4 the wait. We just were not happy with the experience. We will not be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Orange J, Manager at Lbi Pancake House, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We value all of our customers and aim for them to have the best experience possible. It sounds like your visit did not meet our standards and for that we apologize. We pride ourselves on being very responsive to customer concerns and experience and would have liked to have heard from you during your two hour ordeal. Please consider giving us another try and let us know when you come by. We hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.