“horrible,horrible,horrible”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food,the service, the people. One thing was worse then the next.
Mc Donalds has a better fish sandwich that what they served us.

STAY AWAY!!!!

2  Thank tom p
There are newer reviews for Bayberry Inn

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My wife and I should have been alarmed from the moment we walked through the door. We stood at the hostess stand for a good 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. One would think that at least on of the five (or so) waiter/waitresses would've have said "we'll be right with you"; instead, they all looked past us not saying a word. Oh, an I must mention that the dining room was less than 50% full.
We were finally met by the hostess, a lady maybe in her 50's, seemed nice but a little "frazzled" as she kept repeating herself. Then, as she started to lead us back to our table, we were stopped dead in our tracks as one of the waitresses told her (the hostess, maybe manager, maybe owner...who knows) that the table in the middle of the room has been sitting there for about 20 minutes and still "don't have drinks or menu's". Well, this sent our hostess into a little scurry trying to find the waiter/ress responsible for that table..
We finally reached our table. Our hostess brought our a high chair for one of our children and had to tell us about 5 times that it was a high chair for our child. I thought we were on a hidden t.v. show....wierd to say the least.
A girl came over to pour us water and I had a question about the menu. Apparently she didn't speak English. She looked at me with a confused "look" then ran off never to return.
As we were waiting for our food, I overheard another waiter tell a couple at another table that they ran out of sour cream. One of the other workers were going to run to the store to get some and that he sould be back shortly.
I'M TRYING TO KEEP THIS SHORT AND SWEET!
Finally, our food was delivered to our table. Our waitress informed me that they no longer had baked potato (as I ordered) so she brought me brown rice instead. I politely told her that I didn't want brown rice. I then asked her if she could "knock something off the bill". She told me NO! She also told me that the potato was "free with the meal" and they couldnt do anything about it. She offered me french fries. I politely told her that I did not want french fries. So, my dinner consisted of a piece of chicken. Fifteen minutes later, she came out with an attitude and a BAKED POTATO.
Lastly, I forgot to mention, out waitress never brought my wifes meal out to her. She said that she "never heard her place her order". Again, waitress had an ATTITUDE while my wife and I were polite the whole time, amused by the whole situation.
OH, AND I FORGOT, the food runners did set food at our table that my 4 year old daugter started to pick at (because she thought it was her hamburger) and they realized they put the food at the wrong table. So, they took the food away from our table and gave it to annother table despite my daughter picking at the food.
OVER PRICED, SUBPAR SERVICE, BELOW AVERAGE FOOD, OVERALL ATMOSPHERE FELT LIKE MY GRANDMOTHERS ASSISTED LIVING HOME (ESPECIALLY WITH THE PIANO PLAYER).

1  Thank blacknyell0w
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The reviews on the Bayberry range from terrible to excellent, and that should give the owners reason to clean up their service. THAT BEING SAID I would like to give the restaurant a very favorable review. We ordered Shrimp Scampi over linguini and side salad. The salad was very generously portioned as was the entree. The shrimp was jumbo size and extremely fresh. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. As for the quirks: we didn't receive a bread basket (which doesn't bother us in the least, since we would probably have declined the bread anyway!), we left the table to use the facilities and returned to see our table being bused (we hadn't been served our dinners yet!) and dinner was served before we finished the salads. We are not "Picky" diners, and actually found the experience amusing and entertaining. HOWEVER the absolutely best part of the evening was George Abbott the pianist. "Phenomenal" is the only way to describe his talent. He plays with such fervor and excellence you can't help but lose yourself in the music! Go for dinner, but enjoy the entertainment to the fullest!

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My waiter Tony was absolutely teriffic.. The food was more than delicious. The prices were reasonable. The atmosphere made me feel at home. Definitely coming here again. My family loved it!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I totally agree with the Warning... Review'. The server was odd...saying that our food would be out "when it's ready " was unnecessary and just awkward. The service staff needs some serious lessons in professionalism. Our food was horrible....canned spinach for my husbands filet Oscar $29.99...btw, waitress actually said "not sure why the call it Oscar". She didn't ask how he wanted his filet cooked, so it came overdone for his liking. the crab meat looked like it came out of a can, it was unseasoned on the side of the meat, and very dry'. He did not send it back, we did complain...we paid our $100 bill and got out. This was our third restaurant stop, others has a one to two hour wait....this place had none, I should have seen that as a sign to keep going'. What a waste of $100!

1  Thank Kathi E