“Not very impressed”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I know this place has a following, and maybe we just hit them on an "off" day, but we were not pleased. We went for breakfast fare, pancakes seems "greasy" and not terribly tasty. Room is crowded, but I suppose that is the appeal. We will not hurry to return.

2  Thank Jennifer G

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We ate there last night and everything was amazing. The service was fast and the food was delicious. I loved the extensive menu choices. There really was something for everyone. We will def. be back again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Visited LBI and had dinner at recommended Greenhouse Cafe
Although waitress seemed inexperienced,she was pleasant & tried
Started with hearty clam chowder(both NY & New England)which was enjoyed by all
After soup went down hill
Medium rare burgers were overcooked;cheese was slopped on top &not melted in;mushrooms were also over cooked;bun was not soft
French fries were awful and not eaten
You may ask why not complain?Didn't want to embarrass our host

1  Thank bu40
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stopped by here for a light lunch one afternoon after someone recommended it to us. In short, we would not eat here again. Granted, we only has a salad and an appetizer but both disappointed. The salad looked and tasted like they had poured a pre-chopped iceberg mix out of a bag from the grocery store. It was pretty bad. The appetizer was an order of chicken fingers which I have low expectations for but they were clearly whatever value brand Greenhouse could get from their supplier. Despite bad food, it wasn't very expensive, the waitress was great and te atmosphere was nice. We won't be going back.

3  Thank CaxVT
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We own a year round home very close by and have been visiting the restaurant for many years. I am in my 50's and eat out all the time. This last visit to the Greenhouse Cafe was our LAST visit to the Greenhouse Cafe.
I ordered oatmeal only to find out that is was pre-packaged ! And upon one taste, I knew it was "old". I looked at the date on the cardboard cup (yes, they served it with the cardboard cup!) and was not surprised to see it expired , OVER A YEAR AGO ! YUK. Sent it back and lost my appetite.
The owner did not even have the decency to come over and apologize. What he did do was take it off the bill and sent the waiter over to give me a fresh container of oatmeal to take home compliments of him. I refused it. My friends began to think , "well what am i eating, expired eggs or old flour in my pancakes?" We paid our bill and upon getting up to leave I saw the owner scurry into the kitchen to avoid us. Well, that was a cowardly move. So I waited until he came out and began to tell him (calmly) of my disappointment. He interupted me, he was defensive, he was rude, disprespectful and above all combative. When I saw he was not listening to what I had to say (He just kept talking over me even when I asked him to stop talking and just listen for a minute) I left the restaurant . He then followed me outside and continued being combative. My friends were outside and he kept trying to argue with us. It was an awful experience. He doesn't have any respect for his patrons and it's obvious he doesn't have respect for the food. No pride and joy here. I think that Restaurant Impossible guy needs to do a makeover here. Don't let this restaurant ruin your day. There are so many better options. This owner is ruining this place !

4  Thank Diane L