“Good Food and Value”

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Value”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stay at Drifting Sands at least twice a year and have always gone here for Breakfast. We were down for Chowder Fest and didn't know where we wanted to go for dinner, so I suggested Greenhouse Cafe---my husband initially said no being that he thought it was diner food. He looked at the menu and saw the variety and that they had whole wheat pasta, so decided to try. He had the whole wheat pasta with seafood and said it was the best that he has had in a long time. Glad we chose to eat here.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer B

Ringwood, New Jersey
“Somewhere between average & very good”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Lots of things to like about Greenhouse Cafe. Their pizza is fresh & tasty thin crust. Breakfast is consistent. I have had dinner specials there and been pleasantly surprised. Chowder is only OK to me even though champion of Chowderfest a few times.

Visited June 2012
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the second time we have eaten at the Greenhouse Cafe. The first being decent enough to bring us back.But that was a year ago. What a mistake. The service was below par as I had a server who had just gotten reprimanded by the manager or owner for taking a reservation which couldn't be accommodated. There were no smiles anywhere from the staff that night. My son ordered a chicken cutlet sandwich. What arrived was a bun with 2 kidsized(sad and small) generic chicken fingers. So ridiculous looking I wish I had taken a photo. My husband ordered a chicken parm sandwich and got the same kiddie chicken under sauce and cheese. My fried flounder was not bad. The busperson was hovering the entire meal.We come to LBI every summer and will never go back to Greenhouse.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JulieEds
PA
“A healthy alternative, but double check your bill”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Located on the south end of island (right near causeway entrance). This is a small restaurant (open year round) which can fill up quickly. They appear to pride themselves on their healthy alternatives and clam chowder. Our food was satisfactory and service was average. Double check your bill tho. They happened to forgot our early bird discount.

“Ehhh”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Well, this place is not bad but it's not great either. Their pasta dishes were good but all of our fish meals were not so good. Skip this place

1 Thank amandagertie