“Neighborhood Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Secaucus, New Jersey
“Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Over the last three years Raimondo's has become my favorite restaurant on LBI. the only thing better than their food is their delightful staff. The menu has a wide array of options, and the chef is happy to accommodate requests for customizing dishes, and pleasing my vegetarian friends. In fact, last week the chef was kind enough to prepare a dish I'd had in the past, which was not a current offering, because he had the ingredients on hand. The only thing that would set this restaurant off the charts would be the ability to make reservations on OpenTable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BumMagnet

Bernardsville, New Jersey
“Great local spot with some excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

LOVED THIS PLACE. I come to LBI every year for the past four years and I have no idea why I have never tried this place before. It was recommended to me by a friend who is usually spot on with restaurants. This was another awesome selection on her part. Love, Love, Love the fact that they take reservations. I made my dinner reservation at least a month before coming down. So super convenient and not having to wait an hour to be seated. So, the food was amazing. The menu is not super large, but I prefer that. I feel they have more of an opportunity to make everything great than trying to just make everything. My husband and I shared the sausage and brocoli rabe appetizer. It was absolutely delicious. I had the veal parm for dinner and it was a large portion and I couldn't even finish it. My husband and my mother had the linguini and clam sauce that was to die for. Even though it wasn't on the menu, my son asked for chicken parm and they were very happy to accomodate. My dish was offered with a side of gnocci with alfredo sauce. I asked if I could have angel hair pasta instead and the waitress was extremely accomodating. We didn't have dessert, so I can't comment on that. We did have cappucinos that were great. Big plus to is that it is a BYOB which we love. Great service as well. We will be back for sure.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank 01ritz
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been to Raimondo's many times over the years. On our most recent visit with some friends we had a bad experience. More than 45 minutes after we had ordered (and after we had finished our appetizers) our server came back to tell our friend that they miscounted and were out of the special she had ordered. We then had to wait another 30 minutes for our food to come out (not sure if our dishes were sitting there that whole time or if they recooked them). The restaurant wasn't even that busy. We complained to the server who just said she was sorry. When we asked to see the manager, we waited a long time before a young woman came over. She just kept repeating "Sorry" with an attitude that made you feel like she could care less. She said her parents own the restaurant. When pressed she finally offered my friend a free dessert. At that point there was no way we were staying for dessert. It was a very bad example of customer service. Although we have always gone there and taken large groups of friends, I don't think we will go back. We like to support the local restaurants that understand how to treat their customers. Mistakes happen, and this issue could have easily been resolved by taking the charge for my friend's meal off the bill and offering a sincere apology. We asked the manager to call her parents to resolve the issue but she never even bothered to come back to the table.

Visited June 2014
8 Thank 574donnaa
“Exquisite food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Raimando's food , service and atmosphere is excellent. Every meal that I ever had there was so fresh tasting and absolutely delicious along with their excellent service this is truly a world class dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Kathy D
Monticello, Indiana
“Hitting all the right notes on LBI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I would describe Raimondo's as an updated "old school" Italian restaurant. The decor is modern, but still warm and rich. The menu has recognizable items, but many with updated ingredients. Service was friendly, helpful and correctly paced.

My wife and I shared the Spedini appetizer and it was wonderful. I had never had anything like it and can't even describe it accurately. Crispy, flaky, cheesy with a sauce including capers and kalamata olives. Very good. My wife had the crab cakes with smoked salmon over pasta. The crab cakes were top notch and the pasta was in a slightly spicy, smoky sauce that was very pleasing. I had the lamb ragu, which was knock-out. Tender and tasty, the ragu was served over papardelle rather than the risotto. The pasta was hand made and perfectly cooked. Both dishes were seasoned beautifully and interestingly. They were much more than standard Italian restaurant dishes. We finished with a desert of ice cream coated with a chocolate shell and sliced in pieces with a great sauce. Very different and wonderful.

I would return to Raimondo's every time I am on LBI. I've had very few dinners where every course was excellent and this was one. It's BYOB, so the wine was fantastic too.

• Visited May 2014