WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Outstanding place!!!! ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Islander Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ship Bottom
The Islander Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ship Bottom
“Outstanding place!!!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The owner Joe was fantastic! He may just be the nicest caring motel owner ive ever came across! He runs a very clean and well run motel! Rooms are spotless with comfy beds and great room with 2 living room chairs a big kitchen table and clean kitchen with deep sink and full size fridge. Nice updated furniture as well! A block and a half from the beach! This is my third visit to LBI and I'll never stay elsewhere again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mdev1987

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

60's style motel but restored to perfection. I've stayed her many years ago but the new owner Joe has completely redone the place. The rooms are beautiful and excellently maintained. The cleaning staff is unbelievable. I always stay at nice hotels, a real germaphobe, this is the best I've seen. Seriously this place is fabulous. Now it's 60's style so it's a classic. You're not getting a coffee bar and a concierge and free crappy breakfast. Think of it as an old classic car completely restored. The owner Joe loves this place and takes care of it like you would a 64 Mustang. An absolute home run walking distance from anything you need. I highly recommend The Islander !

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Dsohemi
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I are very discerning travelers that rely on tripadvisor for accurate reviews of lodging. It is highly rated for good reason. The Islander is terrific! Everything has been renovated since hurricane Sandy and it shows. We had a beautiful first floor room with a full size fridge, burners, and microwave. Everything seemed brand new. The bathroom was cute, I can't believe I'm saying that about a motel bathroom but the Islander is a cut above! I can't say enough about the manager, he was extremely friendly and we truly felt warmly welcomed and valued as his guests. It's about a block and a half from the beach, and a great made-to-order donut shop lies right behind the motel which we highly recommend as well.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank FunBass
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed here in June 2014 and if we come back to LBI, we will stay here again. When we first arrived the guy in the office was so nice. It seemed like he might have been the owner but we didn't ask. Our room was nicely appointed with all new furniture was was very clean. The room also has a microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom was also clean with new furniture.

The motel is located right in the middle of everything, close to the bridge that connects the island to the mainland. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance and the beach is only 1 1/2 blocks away. There is an AWESOME donut shop right behind the motel.

We stayed here because it was highly rated on Rrip Advisor and the high rating is deserved.

Room Tip: Our room had no iron or ironing board.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CaxVT
Milford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

So, this Hilton Diamond member with an extensive travel history barked at my daughter for suggesting I join her on the Jersey Shore & stay at a MOTEL! I said are you crazy- find me the nearest 5 star/ she then responded Mom this is a 5 star in the eyes of everyone who comes here. 2 Blocks to beach & a mini kitchen. OK, Ill call the place. The price cold not be better. I explained, I was a single mom traveling with 2 boys 1-16 & the other my 10 year old who is autistic. The man was so ice on the phone, immediately asking what could they do to improve my sons stay here & make it comfortable. NO ONE AT HILTON EVER ASKED ME THAT! Anyway- super clean, comfy beds, new kitchens, quiet area, cable tv & free wifi. They suggested oerfect spots for us to eat & visit. I felt like I was home in Ireland, visiting family. If your a snob like me- treat yourself to this place/ you will never thank me enough for the tip

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank chodginsnyc
Sussex, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed at The Islander for 3 days and it was a wonderful experience. The owners are very friendly and accomodating. It's on a quiet street yet very close to everything you would want or need. The beach is only a short walking distance. The room was much bigger than we expected. Everything was new. The room had a small fridge with microwave and a keurig coffee maker with coffee. Had the feeling of being safe and at home. Definitely plan on going back. Great weekend!! Thanks Joe & Anne

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank laurieleas01
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the Islander for 2 days this past weekend. the room was up to date, clean and had plenty of the necessary travel comforts. There was a full size fridge, stove, microwave and Keurig coffee machine. The kids enjoyed the full size basketball goal with rebounding net, and there were plenty of fully pumped basketballs, soccer balls, and beach toys available. Joe and Anne go out of their way to make you feel at home, with great conversation, and helpful recommendations for local restaurants. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
Windjammer Motor Inn
Windjammer Motor Inn
#2 of 7 in Seaside Park

Been to The Islander Motel? Share your experiences!