“Fine Family Fare”

Kincaid House Hotel
Glasgow
“Fine Family Fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Son's 41st Birthday - 7 of us: 3 generations, 5 adults, 2 grandchildren ( 7 and 11). Sunday lunch in the Conservatory Restaurant.
Everyone had a different meal chosen from the hyper-extensive menu.
ALL EXCELLENT. As was the service, table, location and the runaround/sit out garden (given the ultra bright untypical Scottish March day).
Highly recommend food at KH Hotel. Not`cheap but definitely VALUE FOR MONEY.
Particular favourite: Haggis Fritter Balls for starters....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hoppy47Glasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

My family booked the drawing room for a private function and I can not praise the staff enough. Everything was ready when we arrived and the spread they laid on was superb. The staff were friendly and attentive and could not do enough for us.
I have also eaten in the cozy bar and with the real fire blazing away I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. First class in every way.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LDS009
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for a family get together and I cannot fault it in anyway.
The staff were attentive and friendly, the food was top class and the room was spacious and very clean.
We ate in the conservatory for the family meal and it was exquisite!
We had the pleasure of eating in the stable bar the following day and it was just what the doctor ordered - a warm crackling real fire on a cold January day.
We will definitely be returning to this hotel, either for a family occasion or romantic weekend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room, it was a good size and great value for money.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SFC_12
Seymour, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I were on holiday last Sept and we stayed here for 9 days. We LOVED it. The staff were very kind, friendly, and helpful. It was sad to leave actually. The food was excellent, and priced reasonably. We are hoping to move to the Milton of Campsie area within the next 3 years. Public transport was just down the road. The grounds were neatly kept. We went to Edinburgh and I could not find my family tartan. I was sad but the owner of the Kincaid House gave me a tie (the one the staff wears) that is made of our tartan. We WILL be back before we move. Yes the Kincaid house was affordable. We showed up late and it was raining (we are not used to driving on the opposite side) and when we got there, the kitchen was closing. They stayed open until we were fed, and I thought that was very nice of them. They also offered to collect our luggage from the car, but since they were kind enough to feed us that late, we carried our own luggage up. Thank you to the staff for making our holiday special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lakincaid
Telford, Shropshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stopped at this hotel 10/1/12 for 1 night.
Knowing this hotel, having stopped here 2 years ago I upgraded to a superior room (not sure how they differ, but was large enough with a turret feature in the corner).
The hotel only has approx 12 bedrooms and I was the only guest that night, so had warm quick friendly service for my evening meal and breakfast.
The hotel offers free wi-fi, so no hassles catching up on work.
TV also offers many channels to choose from.
Comfortable bed offered a good nights sleep (and I'm usually fussy about strange beds).
Would stop again when on business without doubt.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GEJ2
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Outside impressive but inside it's not great! Stable bar lovely with roaring open fire but food over priced and not that great. Drinks very over priced too. Needs new management who know how to turn it into a goldmine like rivals in local towns.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Fluff1976
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had our wedding in Kincaid Dec 2010. The hotel was beautiful and the staff were so helpful, nothing was to much for them, All of our guests loved the hotel. The food was amazing. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. We also went back for a night in July 2011 .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
South Side
Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
#5 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Kincaid House Hotel? Share your experiences!