“Nice find!”

Shamong Diner & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Shamong
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good food, nice service! A very LARGE eclectic menu. Breakfast all day, vegetarian and vegan items, lo-carb options. Basically, something for everyone. I had a blueberry pancake and bacon, my boyfriend had a pork roll & cheese omelette. FYI- pork roll is basically a pork lunchmeat popular on the east coast.

My regret is that I didn't try the cranberry pancake. :(

1  Thank BWBradford

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Had a Greek Salad with an order of warm Fresh Indian Flat Bread. My husband ate a wonderf Strawberry and Walnut with one of the BEST Raspberry Balsamic dressing ever! All dressings are mixed fresh and fresh herbs grown from Manny's garden (Manny is the manager/Owner/Head Chef)! Very cheerful decor and there are even books about the local Pine barrens to browse or purchase. Next visit will try something more popular from the incredible
Number of menu items All hand made with passion to freshness!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

WE found this place looking for a gyro on SIri on our iphone, We had a great dining experience, The gyro was fantastic! I was looking for a veggie burger and the waitress said they were sold out. Then Manny the chef/owner came to our table and stated that he handmakes his veggie burgers, So I could wait he would make a fresh one. It was the best veggie burger I ever had, thick,moist and very flavorful with Indian spices. I highly recommend this restaurant. Even the blueberry pie is home made and delicious.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Living here, I must say there are so many better places to eat. The food is just OK and the owner seems as though you are inconveniencing him when you do visit. The employees seem to follow his lead. With the Red Lion Diner at the intersection of 70 and 206, and the Silver Coin at 30 and 206 you can get a much better meal. I even love eating at Mighty Joe's just a mile or so away, with their bacon and egg sandwich to go (their bacon is so crispy when you order it fresh!!) If you are looking for something cute and "Piney" go down to the Outpost which is south on 206, and on the northbound side. Always friendly, and simple good food. A little further south before Rte 30 is the Red Barn. Really fabulous pies and pancakes. Adorable barn atmosphere and really friendly ladies always have a smile and have a casual "come as you are" attitude.

3  Thank JHM13
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is one of those little gems you discover while shun piking. It is in the Pinelands and not near anything. The chef is the owner and it shows. The food was very reasonable with an amazingly diversified menu and tasty food. The staff was courteous, friendly and prompt. This is one of the down home places, but the menu was more than than that. One problem we had is that we almost passed it by because of the shaded windows, it looked closed from the outside. We persevered and are glad we did. You have to be careful using a GPS around these places because the neighborhood name and town name rarely agree. No liquor or wine available. One counter top is devoted to the sale of literature and free brochures about the area, a nice plus.

1  Thank NJ-Surfcrab