“Delicious Early Bird Special, Good Value, and Easter Bunnies in Tuscany”

La Campangola Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campangola Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Shamong
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Indian Mills Road
Medford, New Jersey, United States
“Delicious Early Bird Special, Good Value, and Easter Bunnies in Tuscany”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

When we walked into La Campagnola, I had the feeling that I was in some place special. The Tuscan décor was tranquil and pleasing to the eye. We arrived mid afternoon on a beautiful Sunday and the restaurant was empty. The hostess sat us at a nicely set corner table. In the midst of this beautiful space, I looked to my left against the wall and there was a 2 foot cardboard Easter bunny. I looked straight ahead, and there was a room with no door where the wait staff performs what should be “behind the scene” work. I looked to my right against the wall and there was another 2 foot cardboard Easter bunny. If when the hostess seats you, you ask for a table away from the server room and cardboard figures; you will have less distractions and a pleasing view of La Campagnola’s beautiful Tuscan Décor.

Our waitress Erica promptly welcomed us and brought the drinks. The early bird special is an excellent value: soup, salad, entrée and dessert. We had the parsnip soup – which was delish – and the pasta e fagioli. I upgraded to a spinach salad with bacon – a good choice -- everyone at the table enjoyed a taste. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a pork chop which is as good as the one that Erica served. The chop was medium rare (as ordered) and juicy. The apple brandy cream sauce paired nicely. The potatoes au gratin was good too. My wife enjoyed the crab cake with lemon garlic aioli, our eldest daughter the salmon Grand Marnier glaze and our youngest daughter the Pasta Campagnola. For dessert: cannolis and chocolate ice cream. The cannolis plated nicely with chocolate drizzle and fruit. The ice cream serving was generous. With tax but without tip, the bill came to $83.70. For the record, the drinks were: a beer, an iced tea and two waters.

If you opt for the early bird special and ask for a good table, you will have an excellent dinning adventure at a good price.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dave L

Vero Beach, Florida
“A local gem”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The owners originally owned a pizza parlor, and have expanded to add this great place. Meals are consistently delicious and generous portions, and the service always great. Locals know THIS is the place. Music on weekends and great cocktail make for a great evening. The packed parking lot says it all!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JHM13
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Lovely ambiance, good food, excellent service”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This place is just down the road from us, but I would go there even if it were further away. It looks like a little Italian villa in the country . . . but inside, it's really nice. I heard they spent $1 million renovating the place when they opened it several years ago, and it shows. We like to sit at the bar and eat sandwiches and salads. The Spicy Chicken Sandwich is really good. They do a nice job with the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, we always have crab added and it's delish! We've also eaten at the tables, although it's not quite as cozy. My hubby is quite a fan of the Pasta Campangola. But anything pasta is great . . . also the tuna. Yum! My only complaint about the place is that it can get really crowded, especially on Thursday and Friday nights. Get there a little later, as the seniors arrive early and take up all the bar stools and tables.

Southern New Jersey
“Echo of all the positive reviews!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Definitely cannot say anything more than has already been said positively about this place. High-class menu, comfortable seating and decor, and excellent wait staff. My wife and I went with other family members to see the band that was playing - "The Shakes". Look them up on Facebook and online (http://www.theshakes.net). They place a nice collection of classic rock and they do it very well. We had a nice late dinner of various appetizers and entrees that were all delicious. This was our first time there and it is a place to try and visit again!

• Visited October 2011
Shamong, New Jersey
“A hidden gem in Shamong!”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I eat here frequently and are never disappointed. It has a menu that brings together fine food as well as great salads, sandwiches, and pizza. The bar section is large and is usually quite crowded, while the restaurant sections offer a more relaxed atmosphere. We have not had anything on the menu that disappointed us and the service is usually terrific. Great place to dine when in Shamong.