“Echo of all the positive reviews!”

La Campangola Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Campangola Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Shamong
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Indian Mills Road
Southern New Jersey
“Echo of all the positive reviews!”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Definitely cannot say anything more than has already been said positively about this place. High-class menu, comfortable seating and decor, and excellent wait staff. My wife and I went with other family members to see the band that was playing - "The Shakes". Look them up on Facebook and online (http://www.theshakes.net). They place a nice collection of classic rock and they do it very well. We had a nice late dinner of various appetizers and entrees that were all delicious. This was our first time there and it is a place to try and visit again!

• Visited October 2011

Shamong, New Jersey
“A hidden gem in Shamong!”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I eat here frequently and are never disappointed. It has a menu that brings together fine food as well as great salads, sandwiches, and pizza. The bar section is large and is usually quite crowded, while the restaurant sections offer a more relaxed atmosphere. We have not had anything on the menu that disappointed us and the service is usually terrific. Great place to dine when in Shamong.

Piscataway, NJ
“Not a bad choice on the menu”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I went to visit my parents in Shamong, NJ and took them to dinner at "La Camp" (as they call it). The building exterior is pretty. It was a weekend, so the lot was *packed* to overflowing; good thing we had a reservation. Inside, the bar is stylish and brightly lit and was hopping with activity. We sat in the main dining room which was a bit quieter. Service was very attentive but without a lot of awkward hovering, and the meals... phonomenal. Not one of us had anything but great things to say about our selections. (It's strictly hearsay but I understand the bar food is not quite as exciting ... not bad, just nothing to write home about. Also I understand that it's not as busy on weekdays and reservations might not be needed then.) In any case, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit there and I look forward to going again. If you find yourself, by chance, in Shamong NJ, it's definitely worth planning to stop here for a really nice meal!

• Visited May 2011