“Just average”
Review of Mozzarella Grill - CLOSED

Mozzarella Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mozzarella Grill is conveniently located in the heart of Washington Township in Gloucester County. Family owned and operated since 1996......17 years! We are passionate about providing the best dining experience for our guests. When you walk in the front door you are greeted with the delightful smell of fresh baked bread. Be sure to bring along your favorite bottle of wine......we are a BYOB. Closed on Mondays. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 am til 3:00 pm. We also have a great take-out menu and homemade soups to go! If you are not completely satisfied...we would love to hear from you!
Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
“Just average”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I used to visit the Mozzarella Grill every so often over the years. It was a nice casual place where we would get the pizza. We gave it a try again a few months ago but probably won't be going back. Nothing bad about the pie, but nothing special to make the trip. There are many outstanding pizza places in the area that we'd rather go to.

Visited February 2012

Washington Township, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pasty Pasta Palace”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

There are too many other Pasta Palaces that are much better.
If you enjoy real Italian food this place is not for you.

Bradenton, Florida
“Not Quite What It Was...”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've only dined at the Mozzarella Grill 3 - 4 times beginning six years ago. The first time, the olive oil used for dipping bread (which is still baked on the premises and is delicious!) was seasoned with fresh herbs and garlic. Our most recent visit (11/10/12), the server sprinkled some dry herbs on a plate, then poured plain olive oil over it. I've had delicious dinners and spectacular salads...this time I was a little disappointed. I ordered lightly battered Flounder over pasta. The flavor was a little on the bland side and the edges of the Flounder had a mushy mouth feel to it. The before dinner salad was very generous and the house dressing was very good. Instead of a basket of rolls, they served two: one for each of us! My husband ordered Shrimp Scampi...he said it was just "ok". The server was pleasant, making me a fresh pot of decaf when I ordered a cup because what was in the pot she felt wasn't very fresh. The decor and atmosphere are still the same, very pleasant; the food left us a little less impressed than in the past. Could be that if we had ordered the same meal we had previously, our expereince might have been different. I rated the "value" as average because we happened to arrive just before the early bird time period concluded. I wouldn't have been happy paying more for the same meal!

Williamstown, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No! No! No!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I came to your restaurant today with my friend and we had the worst dining experience we have had in a long time. Your male waiter (elderly man) was so ignorant. We both ordered your Seafood Bisque and my bowl was loaded with shells :( By the third shell (that lodged in my teeth) I had lost my appetite. I ordered the Spinach Salad and that was g
ood. My friend Oona ordered your Porchette Florentine Sandwich. It was sooo bad that she couldn't get past the sour smell to get it to her mouth :( Your waiter was very rude when we nicely asked to have the Bisque and Sandwich removed from our bill. He SNATCHED my friend's credit card out of her hand and was just totally loud and rude! I will never eat here again and will NEVER recommend your establishment to anyone!

1 Thank lwest68
NJ
“Not the Same”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I haven't been here in a couple years since my kids were younger. Went back last night as we were looking for something local. It was not at all what I remember. The Mozzarella Grill was never a luxury restaurant, but the food was well prepared and affordable. While still a good price, it is not at all well prepared. The veal/chicken picante was bland. The Pasta Trio's tomato sauce was almost unedibly sweet tasting.The creamy Italian dressing on the salad was just weird tasting.

Our server was pleasent, and the service was good, but it is really nothing special anymore. Just disappointing.

2 Thank gerland