“Cozy, quaint & delicious”

The Sergeantsville Inn
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to the Sergeantsville Inn with two friends who frequent regularly, and now I can see why. Service is great & the food certainly didn't disappoint. In fact I'd say there is probably too much choice! We sat in the bar-it was a Sat night-and we had four menus to choose from!! Now that took a while. I had the goats cheese salad as starter and pizza for entree and both were delicious. My husband had ribs & cheeseburger. But everything looked great from the pasta special to the veal. No complaints had from our party. Will definitely return when we're back in the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our first visit to this charming restaurant had my husband and I smiling from the beginning of the meal to the end. We enjoyed the scenic ride up from Trevose. We arrived at 5:15 on a Friday night. We had made reservations, but we did not need them. Everyone else was seated in the other room at the bar except for one other couple in our fireside room. It was a small and cozy room with only about 8 tables. One of the chefs, Luigi, waited on us along with a new waiter. They were both attentive and friendly. The menu was extensive. We settled on the signature tomato bisque and pheasant soup to start. Superb. Good warm rolls to accompany the soups. They have an extensive wine list as well by the glass or bottle. I had the french bean stew which had duck, bacon and sausage in it as well. Hearty and tasty. My husband had pheasant with mushroom and spinach risotto. Outstanding! Luigi encouraged us to sample the tirimasu( spelling?) Even though I was stuffed my spoon could not stay away from that decadent dessert. I had enough stew to eat for lunch the next day, so portion size was good. Prices for the delicious meal were in line for an excellent high class meal. We plan on sitting at the bar next time for a somewhat cheaper meal with what we were told has some of the same dinner fare along with a vast variety of other selections. Can't wait. Luigi was kind enough to show my husband a larger dining room and the wine cellar while I visited the ladies room. My husband declared this restaurant his new favorite due to the outstanding food, ambience and the friendly, attentive staff, especially Luigi. If you like unusual foods, there are meats such as boar and kangaroo, but equal amounts of just good comfort food between both menus. I am sure we will visit on special occasions and just because we can't wait to sample more of the menu.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having been to Sergeantsville Inn for dinner, we have not been disappointed with food. In fact, they almost have too many menus from which to choose: specials, bar menu, regular menu, and wine/cocktails. If you sit in the bar area, don't be surprised if there are four different menus placed in front of you. Too much! Consolidate.

What's great?
1.Food variety. Our favorites: their house tomato soup, clam strips (large pieces) and meats/burgers. Ostrich, antelope, llama, kobe, boar...you name it and they have the game.

2. Wine selections and by-glass variety Their choices are nice especially if you want to try something new without getting a whole bottle.

To warn you...
1. The restaurant seems to get backlogged when there is a large party. Granted, large parties are a bear for any restaurant. If you're a party of 2-4, you should be fine. If you see that there is a large party when you enter, expect that your meal will take a while.

2. The younger servers do not seem to check back on "How are things?" "Do you need a refill?" and the bartenders seems to talk more than attend to the clients or helping out the service staff. The staff is pleasant just not that efficient.

The overall "Very good" rating is based more or the unique food selections and the ambiance - not the staff.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Haven't been there in over 15 years but it was just as I remembered it. Had a nice table by the upstairs fireplace. Started off with the Tomato soup which was very hot and very good. Green salads were ample but could have used more dressings. We ordered the Filet and braised chicken. The steak was wrapped in bacon and cooked perfect. The chicken was well prepared but had a little too much sauce. Ended diner with hot apple pie with ice cream. It was excellent. Prices were moderately high but overall a very good value. We shall be returning soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I liove locally and decided to go for lunch on Valentine's Day. We knew that their prices were a little on the high side but that the food is very good. The tomato bisque was excellent, but for $6.50 a bowl it should be. The service was a little on the slow side and it was not crowded. The serever never asked if we wanted on refills on the soda or coffee. When the bill came I understood why. The glass of soda was $3.25, and refills were also $3.25! I had the coffee ($2.75 for a very small cup) and made the mistake of asking for a refill - and that was another $2.75! Food was very good and a little overpriced. No need to mark up the soda and coffee and then not give refills on top of that. Needless to say we will not be back.