“Excelent hotel and ubication”

Meadowlands River Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed August 5, 2014

You have the best of both worlds: near NY city at day, a peaceful place to sleep at night. Spent a whole week, it is really easy to get to and from New York on the bus 320, in 20 minutes your arrive to Port Authority, just in the middle of Manhattan. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the people in the lobby are nice, variety of food at breakfast. In front of the hotel you have plenty of places to eat, near a Walmart and a shopping center.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front has a Manhattan view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for your dining and shopping needs. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

There are newer reviews for Meadowlands River Inn

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel was amazing. Spent a whole week here and loved it. It was very easy to get to and from New York on the 320 bus and the fastest time it took to Port Authority was 17mins. Longest time was 25mins.

Yes it may be in new Jersey and it may SEEM that its "out of town" but you would spend more time in a crowded subway getting to Times Square and spend three times more on $$$ in Manhattan.

The room was spacious and Cesar was very helpful at the front desk for us.

Would DEFINITELY stay here EVERY SINGLE time when im in NYC.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the gym.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your week long stay at the hotel and that you enjoyed the area. Also, thank you for your compliments to Cesar, he is a valued member of the front desk team and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the area!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here and used it as our base for visiting NYC. Upon arrival and every interaction after, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms and lobby were clean. I liked the quiet location, with mature trees giving it space between the road. Rooms were quiet. Bus stop with route into NYC was the clincher for us. Excellent price and could not believe the price. Overall great stay at this place. We would come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peter C
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of the bus stop located across the street. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

For a hotel that is literally 15 minutes from Port Authority and Times Square (assuming no traffic), you can't go wrong with a AAA discount. Rooms were plenty big with space for a real desk and chair, arm chair with ottoman, fridge, microwave and coffee maker and a decent sized bathroom. We were on the second floor, right near the fire stairs, so that made it super convenient to get up and down to the lobby. And it was pretty quiet, too, although there was no way to keep the fan going on the AC unit once the compressor shut off (which we like for the white noise).

Breakfast was very crowded and not very good. There are a number of cafes in the area, including Starbucks across the street, so my advice is to skip it. The area around the hotel has several other hotel properties, some chain restaurants and other shops, etc. A nice environment.

To get into town, there are two options on public transportation. You can cab or drive to the train station if you expect bad traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel, or you can walk across the street from the hotel and grab a bus for 7.50 round trip to Port Authority. The bus was clean and comfortable. It was a pleasure not to drive around town and even with a couple of cab rides, it cost much lest than a single parking garage visit or ticket.

We would stay again, but with the number of other hotels nearby, I would shop to see what offered the best rates and amenities.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator. I liked the second floor access up and down the stairs. The elevators are sl...
2  Thank Remdawg30
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a four night stay at the River Inn. It was a great a choice for my first ever trip to New York with two friends. Once we figured out how to get there it was wonderful. If you are coming from JFK take the Airporter to Port Authority bus terminal then take bus 320 to Secaucus- you can get off across the street from Meadowland River Inn. (We had lots of wrong advice from people we asked so we took lots of wrongs turns!) The sign is hard to see but it is to the left of the building with 300 written in huge letters! Once we got there it was worth the trip. For what we paid it was worth the twenty minutes spent on a lovely comfortable bus to and from New York every day. It is a seven floor building- since I hate high rise buildings that was perfect for me! The rooms are very nice and quiet and beds were comfy. Best pillows I have ever slept on too! (I was tempted to smuggle them out!) The breakfast is the average hotel breakfast- cereal, fruit, bagels, make your own waffles and scrambled eggs with a different side every day- sausages, fried potatoes, ham and bacon were served the mornings we were there. I thought it was great to have a different thing each day! The hotel knows the breakfast room is small so they allow you to take breakfast to your room if you want. The staff is awesome. I wish I had all their names but I only got Jennifer's name. She was awesome- she was patient with all of our questions and requests. We were also impressed with the night staff- always very welcoming. My friend forgot her iPod charger so the evening staff let her leave it and they recharged it. The rooms also have fridges and a microwave so you can pop over to Walmart and grab snacks if you want. There is a Walmart half a block away plus there are several restaurants close by if you want to eat there. We had a great supper at Red Robin which is right next door. There is an Outback steakhouse across the street and a coffee shop on the other side of the street. I walked to Kohls and TJ Maxx and Marshalls in five minutes. It is also a quiet and safe feeling area- after the noise of New York it was nice to get back to the slower pace!
I would highly recommend this hotel for value for your buck- reasonably priced and good location plus good staff. I will probably be returning when I pay off this trip's shopping spree lol!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glenda B

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize our amenities. I'm happy that the staff was able to assist you and charge your iPod for you. We take a lot of pride in our customer service and I'm happy to know that we were helpful to you. We hope to see you again, after you pay off the shopping spree!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

It is a nice place to stay. Is close to WallMart. Even if this hotel is far from Manhattan, we could move easily. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel. Is easy and fast to take a bus to come back to hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Alexandre M
Katie M, General Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip and were able to use the bus to travel into the city. Please consider us on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great Option! Only 20 minutes to Manhattan, big room, great free breakfast ! Close to Wall Mart with refrigerator and microwave you will save a lot of money with food!!
For a complete review: http://cruelladebella.blogspot.com/2014/07/dica-de-hotel-meadowlands-river-inn.html

1  Thank Gabriele A

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs. We hope to see you again soon!