“Very well located.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very well located.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Meadowlands River Inn, previously was an Hampton Inn. Without a GPS is not so easy to find, once there is no sign or name in front. Beside that, the location is very good. We knew that we would depend on transportation to go to Manhattan, but it is very easy to take the bus 320 available each 10 or 20 minutes, depending on time of the day, and runs till 02:00AM. By feet from the hotel you will reach a 24hrs Wall Mart, an Outback, a Red Lobster and a lot of other services. The hotel instalations are very good and clean. All staff is very attentious and friendly. Laundry, breakfast, gym and other amenities works well too. A weak point is the poor outside light blockage in the room. Definitely we would return and be there again.

2 Thank Fadec300
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback and the likeness that you will return again. We are happy that you liked everything about the hotel, staff and the surroundings. I agree about the sign being too small and not very visible from all angles. We are working on having a sign fixed to the building. Thank you so much for staying at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The room was clean but worn. Things like the chair had a tear.. bathroom could use a bit of update in the plumbing. The sink was dripping constantly.. we had to turn the knob to one side the whole way and push hard to get it to quit. I always check the sheets first thing to make sure no little critters are sharing our bed, but it was clean. Towels were clean. They had a continelntal breakfast. They had lots,.. but average fare, but nice not to have to leave to go to a restaurant.
The price was much better than the surrounding hotels, so made it affordable for us. We had reserved for 2 nights, but when we got there, they said it was for one night. We decided to leave a day early anyway. The hotel is under a new name, so think they are going through a transition.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry that we didn't have the correct dates for your reservation. I do really appreciate you mentioning that the hotel is run clean. The building is older and need some TLC, and we are in the process of receiving that. I am happy you still enjoyed and thank you for the 4 star review. Thank you.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of days to use the nearby bus link into Manhattan. That worked really well but there are lots of others nearby I will consider next time. The room was OK although corridors smelt strange and the lift was felt like someone was winding it by hand, but my lasting recollection will be the worst breakfast I have ever been served (or not). The food and coffee was awful, I am used to the buffet approach of US motels and even expect the polystyrene plates, but the 'fare' was awful. I tried the one hot food option the first day but found it inedible. I think it would have been called gravy. The second was a banana breakfast as that was the only thing looking edible.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul G
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the hotel was not up to your expectations. We want you to be extremely satisfied during your stay with us. I do want to mention that we use the same food service company and the brands of food items that are only supplied to other top tier branded hotels. Again I am very sorry that you were not happy.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was our first time back for 3 nights since the banner change from Hampton Inn. The room we received at check-in was not acceptable: dirty bed sheets and toilet... yuk! Was given a new room which was much better but it seems to me the rooms were much cleaner before the change of ownership.

On the plus side, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, the breakfast was well stocked at all times and the Wi-Fi worked flawlessly. With the convenience of the 320 bus right across the street that gets you to the NYC Port authority in a snap, I will probably stay here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alment
I am very sorry that we made a huge mistake by checking you into an not cleaned room. We follow strict guidelines when it comes to cleaning rooms. I do apologize once again for the error. I am glad once things were corrected you started seeing the good. Our goal is to make every guest have the best experience during the stay. Thank you for staying and we will see you again.
Christiansburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel while on a bus tour of New York City over Easter weekend. The area looked to be very safe, clean and the bus stop right across the street that takes you to the city is very accessible with the drop off back from the city even closer.
The hotel staff was wonderful, very accomodating and friendly, even had someone making waffles for us on Easter morning. The breakfast was very well layed out and the usual fare but very fresh and delicious. Waffles, eggs, gravy, biscuits, oatmeal, pastries, breads, bagels, 4 varieties of juices, coffee, tea. Very clean area, not a huge sitting area to eat, but remember, I was with a bus tour, so there were 44 of us, not very practical to have seating for that many at one time.
Room was very nice, plenty of room, bathroom was VERY clean, bed was very comfortable and we slept so well!!! I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to friends who like to stay in New Jersey when going to NYC..

2 Thank matsgrls
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing our staff as wonderful and friendly. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and everything else the hotel offers. Hope you will be able to stay with us again, soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I forgot my iPhone in the taxi that drove me from the airport to Meadowlands River Inn. As I was checking in, I realized that I don't have the iPhone on me.

Mayelin at the front desk offered to help me, but I had no idea what taxi company I got here with. Mayelin, started calling dozens of taxi dispatchers, one after another for almost an hour, until she found the taxi company that brought me here, and she had the taxi bring my iPhone back to my hotel.

Five stars for service and hospitality at this place is not enough. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and attentive. Mayelin not only saved me the cost of a new phone, but she also saved my business trip that I was here for.

Thank you again, Mayelin.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fcbrex01
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for appreciating our hotel and staff. Mayelin is a great team member and she was very happy to see this review, we have recognized her for going above and beyond. Please come again when you are visiting New Jersey or New York City.
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Meadowlands River Inn- Upon arriving you have to find out the hard way that the street number 250 is in the same parking lot as 300. The other building has a big sign on it, but the MRI only has a 2'X2' temporary sign, at the roadside, that is easily overlooked. Even a local officer did not know if it was the right hotel. We had two rooms rented out. One smelled OK the other smelled like mildew. The hotel was booked solid, so we could not be moved to a better smelling room. The staff was pleasant and always at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast was typical. It had fruit, waffles, cereal, toast, muffins and the like. We did stay dry during one of the heaviest rainstorms in the past few years.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank scorpiondiver62
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
I am very sorry that the sign to the building have not been installed yet. I am also truly sorry that the second room was not to your satisfaction and because that day of the convention we were sold out which made the task of moving rooms not possible. I am glad that you liked the other aspects of the hotel. I hope you will return to this area and choose our hotel for your lodging. Thank you for your review.