“So Easy”

Meadowlands River Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay in if you want easy access from the highway and easy access into NYC. It includes breakfast which saves on time so you can spend more time exploring NYC. This would be a great place for families to stay also... although I use it for an annual "girls" weekend away!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

WOW!!! 5 Star rating. The outing should be monthly not yearly. We always welcome and appreciate feedback from our guests to ensure we exceed your expectations or if there is an area we could improve. We look forward to you staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Meadowlands River Inn

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They assisted me in getting a non smoking room because of my allergies to smoke. Breakfast was very nice and internet access was great. Thank you for your outstanding hospitality and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our service and quality. We strive to ensure that all of our guests leave wanting to come back again! I am glad we were able to switch rooms, most times we are sold out and unable to do so. Thank you for the great rating. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here in the Meadowlands. Perfect commute ride into Manhattan via metro stop across the street.($4.00 each way) The whole staff were delighted to do whatever it took to make our stay enjoyable. Free breakfast and parking where in Manhattan can you find that? Going home to Boston we ventured over the George Washington Bridge, and were taken hostage for the $13 fare.WOWWWW!!! I'm sure there are other ways to avoid this.
As for the condition of the hotel, as expected very clean but pretty dated, definitely needing a facelift.
All and all a great stay. Thank you again staff people

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and exploring NYC. I am happy you found the staff and the hotel to your liking. There is no way to avoid that TOLL, but we are working on an invisible device, and we’ll let you know. Only available to our stay guests. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a really great hotel for visiting New York City. The rooms are immaculate, there is free breakfast (a lot of options - even a take out option when you don't have time to stay for breakfast), and the bus stop is right across the street (20 min to NYC). There is even a Walmart, restaurants and movie theatre within walking distance. Parking and Internet were free and our room had a microwave and fridge. The staff were really helpful and even booked a bus tour for us (about $75 each) . This is a good option when visiting NYC and you don't want to stay at an expensive hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Elevator was slow so either stay on the first floor or take the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the great review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the stay and took the bus tour. seems like you did a lot in our area. We are sorry about the elevator being slow. This is one of the key things we are trying to get replaced with a more modern machine. We hope that you will still continue to come and tell other people about your great stay.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Awesome staff. It was our annual couple long weekend and we had a marvelous experience. The hot buffet was aweful except for the waffles. The continental breakfast was fresh and okay. Not much choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank You for staying with us. We are gald that we can create such positive experiences for our guests. I hope you can plan another outing with friends very soon here in New York area.Thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I really like this place. I grew up in this area but I have lived thousands of miles away for 20 years now. I still come back every year though and thus have stayed in many places. This one is my favorite. It is neat and tidy & quiet. The customer service is the best point of all. The staff is super nice and helpful and the hotel manager is always about, being a nice host. Nice continental breakfast. The only thing that I would change is the continental breakfast on Sunday. The scrambled egss have ham and cheese MIXED IN ! What about people that don't eat meat or dairy ? They could easily put it on the side for people that want ham and cheese. There were a few people asking the same as I was (just eggs). I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Haresh R, Manager at Meadowlands River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and pleased with your great review. We appreciate the insight you provided regarding our Sunday breakfast item. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn, Harmon Meadow Boulevard,
Secaucus, NJ. My wife and I had just sold our home in Secaucus, NJ on 5/15/2013, and needed a place to stay until our trip back home to North Carolina. Since I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, we always choose Hampton as our hotel of choice.

From the minute we walked in to the hotel and was greeted by the girl,, at the front desk, I think her name was Alicia, I knew this was a top notch property. Her smile and friendliness was nice to see.

We enjoyed our room, its cleanliness and all the greetings we were given by the employees of the Hampton. At breakfast each morning two ladies were always working hard to make sure all the food was full and just right. Something about this property had all the employees, happy and working hard.

Well one morning a gentleman was helping at the breakfast, cleaning tables, serving and asking guests if all was well. It was Arnie Garcia, the General Manager of the property. I have never seen a General Manager at a breakfast and assuming the roles of his employees.

Well we finally realized what made this Hampton run like a top, it was Arnie. All the employees had high praises for his willingness to pitch in and the guests were amazed that such a gentleman was so willing to be at their beckon call.
We had a great experience at the Hampton Inn, in Secaucus. And I will definitely stay at this property when I visit my friends and relatives still living in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort and great service in our hotel and was a home for you till you got back to North Carolina. The staff member who was friendly and smiling was Erica. She is one of our best Front Desk Agents. As you say, Arnie our GM does a remarkable job, which drives us to be the best in how we contribute to the work place. Thank you for your kind comments and a great rating. We will look forward to serving you and your family again in the very near future.