“Good Location to NY & Bus”

Meadowlands River Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it was so conviently close to a bus stop to get into NY. The hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful. They gave us a bus route and highlighted the bus we need to get to NY and back. The area was very nice and I felt safe.

2  Thank SueHD

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My wife and I went to New York City and needed accommodation for 4 nights, we had never been to new york and we are from Ontario Canada.

We checked out every hotel in new york city ( all were full, the only ones that weren't were $400 a night through to $1000 a night ) So we looked outside of New York City, at first I wasn't keen as I didn't want to be far and have to trapz back to the hotel every night but boy was I wrong...

This hotel is perfectly and I mean perfectly located for a trip to new york city.

They have a bus stop across the street, literally 1 minute walk outside the hotel and most people catching it every day are tourists going into the city. It costs $7.90 for a round trip, then once your in new york city in the subway, buy a metro card from any of the newspaper stores, best bet is the $26 for 7 days ( unlimited ) means you can go on subways and buses in new york city as many times as you want over 7 days and NO you dont pay anymore than that, that is the total cost for 1 person.

Whatever you do, don't drive into new york city, NO one does it! its madness! I was thinking of doing it but after seeing all the traffic im glad i never.. Nearly everyone catches the bus into port authority and then uses the subway which is attached to port authority bus stop in new york city to get around.

Bus takes roughly around 10 to 15 mins to get into the city, it always seemed fast to me and I dont like being on buses long. There is a nice shot of the city as you head in in the morning and at night so have your camera ready.

Ok the hotel itself. Cost around $129 to $149 each night was a different price but we did go just after 9/11 so maybe prices were up.

Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Ask at the counter for a bus timesheet, they will give you one listing the bus you catch and the times it runs in the morning and at night, it goes from like 6am through to 1am with weekends ending at around midnight giving you plenty of time in the city and trust me if you leave in the morning like we did ( 9:00 ish ) by 10:00pm you will be tired.

The room was clean, smelled alright, bathroom was clean. There is a tv, fridge, microwave in room, with coffee maker, iron and hairdryer. All your essentials. It comes with FREE wifi which is really nice ( they give you a card with code on back to access it )

They serve a HOT breakfast every morning included in price and I can tell you right now its wonderful. The coffee is amazing, they server 3 types including decaf and i must say I am very picky about coffee, but its astonishingly good.

They daily change the hot food but it usually has scrambled eggs and something ( bacon, sausage, or potatoes ) then you can also have cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, waffles are hot and fresh and much more.. Guarantee you wont go hungry until at least 1pm in the city as this fills you up.

My only beef with the room was that the wall jacks were LOOSE, yes plugging things in and taking things out was like russian roulette, for some reason they were shaky and the entire jack moves when you insert or remove. ( worried to say the least )

Oh and the walls aren't that thick so u do hear the odd noise but nothing major

Has tons of car parking space, front, side and back, u will never have an issue parking, we left ours there the entire trip

There is a Walmart and Sams club literally 2 blocks down ( 4 minute walk ) i know as I walked it one morning to go buy a cable for my camera.

Across the road there are restaurants, starbucks etc.. if you want to eat close to hotel.

Overall our experience was fantastic, I would definately stay there again and I have to say I am very picky when it comes to hotels, I like a clean hotel, good service. and they give you that.

They cleaned the room every day

Highly recommend for families or couples, super close to new york city, easy to access new york city using the bus

Again use the subway system if your new to new york city as its simple to use, get a map, its a color coded system

5  Thank shiner25
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My daughter & I stayed here for our visit to NYC. Let me explain by letting you know I am a hotel employee in another state. I can't help but notice little things that are or are not right when I visit other hotels. This hotel was very clean, the staff were remarkably friendly and very helpful. Our room was nice and comfortable and did I mention very clean?! We have been to this property before and will continue to make this a choice hotel when we are in the NYC area! And the ease of getting in & out of NYC from the Hampton Secaucus you can't beat their location. Thanks Hampton Inn Secaucus for a GREAT stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dedqw3434
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is a great location if you are travelling to NYC and the bus stop is very convenient. Breakfasts are adequate but they tended to run out of certain things and not replace them. Staff were friendly enough. We checked into this hotel and asked to re-locate to different rooms twice. The first room had finger and hand prints all over the window and the bed looked slightly rumpled. We also found our second room to not be up to the usual Hampton Inn standards of cleanliness (bathroom not clean and crumbs on the carpeting and something smeared on one wall)and also noticed there were no mattress pads on the beds. We asked for another room and at that point(10PM) at night, the manager sent up someone from maintenance who confirmed to the manager by phone that the room was indeed "not clean". I asked the maintenance man about the lack of mattress pads and he told me he had worked for the Hampton Inn for "many years" and "Hampton Inns did not use mattress pads". This was news to us as we have stayed at Hampton Inns across the country and have never noticed a lack of mattress pads. Apparently someone there did not get that memo because when we were finally settled in to our third room, we noted that one bed did not have a mattress pad, but the other bed did. No apologies were offered about the conditions of the first two rooms and the inconvenience of having to request different rooms twice and lug all of our stuff around from room to room after a long day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MilwaukeeFred
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband & I spent a Labor Day weekend in NYC. They sold our room by mistake on Saturday night but they put us in a different hotel close by. The manager, Roberto and other stuff were so helpful. They all went an extra mile to make us happy.
We will definetely go back to Hampton Inn when we visit NYC.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed 2 nights (instead of 4 due to Irene). Staff was really good. Manager on site in front and the front desk staff was really helpful regarding bus and other questions.

- Bus right in front to Port authority bus terminal take 15 mins max and cost 8$ ea. round trip til 1am. (or go 10$ tunnel toll and min. 45$ TO PARK in Manhatten!!)
- Breakfast was decent, basically did the job.
-Rooms were good, clean and a reasonable size.
-Parking was ample and well lit, property was clean.
- Restaurants and some shopping right in front of the hotel.
-Staff was really solid and answered all questions and acted promptly on a couple of requests.

One negative would be no pool or anything for kids to do but we arent sure why you would be in your room during the day anyways?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stu4242
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel to visit NYC. The price was reasonable given the proximity to NYC. (It took us about 30mins by bus which cost $8 per person)
Yes, some may find it is kind of annoying to take a bus...but for us it was perfect as we did not want to drive our car in NYC.

The hotel was clean and employees were very friendly, so we will definitely go back to this hotel if we visit NYC again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple