Cosi is a chain, so as usual I try to focus on the restaurant as an individual unit. This particular Cosi has the expected good food, but their staff seems overwhelmed. I am giving them three stars not because they are poor, but because I believe that management is not doing a good job either training their employees or need to hire more.
1. Food is good. It is like every other Cosi, which is a good thing.
2. The location is very convenient if you are staying in one of the hotels or a local and want a quick but good meal that is not Panera Bread, which is not too far away.
3. The restaurant is very clean each time we've been there.
1. The staff is overwhelmed! On more than one occasion we have had to wait more than 15 minutes for our meal. We might as well eat at the Chilis or Houlihans nearby with that speed.
2. The staff is not trained well, but management makes it up to the customer. An example is when we got something other than we order we were upgraded to bowls of soups from our cups at no charge. At least they do damage control well.
3. Management made a poor decision to open too quickly after Hurricane Sandy. This is unfortunately where the Panera Bread showed better management thinking than this Cosi. The Panera was fully prepared to handle the massive number of us who were seeking heat and power after the storm caused a loss of power during those cold days. The Cosi was not. We went to Cosi, thankful it was open, since it seemed like everyone was thinking the same as us, “We need power for our phones and heat!” We walked in the door and luckily found a table that was the patrons were getting up from. When we tried to order, it seemed like more than half the menu was unavailable. Problem one. We noticed that there was not many staff available, which is an issue normally. Problem two. Finally, it took around 45 minutes for us to get our food, an egg sandwich and a bagel with cream cheese. Problem 3. It probably would have been smarter to open the following day or whenever they were more prepared.
If you are the management of this establishment, I hope you take me seriously. I really enjoy Cosi, and your food is very good. If you can hire more people, you should. And compared to you competition, your staff needs more training.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.