“Horrible EXPERIENCE”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed June 6, 2010

The Red Roof Inn was highly recommended by a friend. So I budged and I reserved a room there for the night on 6/5/2010 because I was surprising my fiance for his birthday which was the next morning. Everything was perfectly fine until the next morning on 6/6/2010. I was changing because I had just came out of the shower and the cleaning lady walked in, WITHOUT KNOCKING. She said OMG and walked out! When I called reception she said i'm sorry. After the humiliating experience I went down to the lobby to request a manager, the clerk said he won't be there until 3pm and she offered me a 20% discount FOR MY NEXT VISIT!! Thats what my humiliation is worth a 20% discount coupon...Like i'll ever stay there again. Sad that they are no help.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Nice hotel to stay at friendly staff and property as well as rooms are well maintained. Stay there once a week and in all the times I've stayed anytime a situation arises with a room the problem is resolved immediately. All in all good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed there for a concert this past weekend. It was 5 minutes away from the Izod center so we avoided a lot of traffic which was great since I have horrible road rage. It's pretty simple to get to and it has a bunch of options around it to eat at. The price could not be beat and ALL the rooms are renovated. (you see them because the windows are open as you walk by) They have flat screen tvs. The room is clean. the microwave didn't work but we never ate in anyways. Bathroom was clean. The only thing that I would complain about is that the heat must have not been working 'cause it was freezing, especially since you're right on the water, but they give you plenty of blankets and the pillows are so fluffy. I'll definitely recommend this to anyone, I plan to stay there everytime I go to Jersey for a concert.

PS. this site needs to update the pictures because they room look NOTHING like this anymore.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Location: It will cost $10 to $15 for taxis from station but the Bus stop is very near. Surrounding of the hotel is good. River is near to hotel, so you can enjoy boating and photography.
Accommodation: Room condition was very bad. When we entered into room it was stinking badly. Room service is very late. If you are with your friends this it is okay but not recommended for family.
We didn’t find any restaurant in this hotel. Food you have to manage.

In all, if you are with your friends and having limited budget this would be a good option. As it is near to New York City. But for family members you have to think twice!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 29, 2009

stayed at this hotel almost two weeks for business. Rooms are ok, location is great. but the staff is often surly and not inclined to help at all.
In two weeks, the maid NEVER cleaned the room. I was never given clean sheets and only once given two fresh towels (because I asked). I did my own laundry so just washed the linen myself. I took out trash, and generally kept the room clean. When you try to talk to a maid they just look at you, chatter in a foreign tongue, and go on their way. Customer service is not high on their list of priorities. They obviously do not like working there, and are going to do as little as possible.
The day time desk clerk-manager (?) was without a doubt the most sullen person I have ever seen working with the public. A young lady, very unfriendly ,who must hate her job---never smiles, shows any interest, and will only do what she absolute minimum that she has to to fill your request. The night desk clerk, Orlando, is a great guy, always pleasant, always helpful.
The so called "maintenance man" walks around continually with a clipboard, doing nohting much, ignoring anything that really needs attention.
If you go here, be prepared to deal with an unhappy, poorly managed staff-and accept that you will have to do a lot of your own work to keep your room clean.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed at this Red Roof for a 4 days vacation and loved it! We are definitely going to return. So close to NYC and the desk person gave us great directions and advice. The room was very clean and we felt very safe in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

There were stains on the sheets, crumbs of food on the table and a/c unit, and I think they rent rooms by the hour...

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple