All reviews front desk across the street new york river view the bus dunkin donuts premium room budget hotel cleaning staff port authority minute drive into nyc coffee maker penn station easy access to nyc lincoln tunnel times square
Reviewed May 10, 2018

I booked this hotel as it had 4/5 rating on trip advisor. First time I felt the hotel didn't deserve the rating. There are "no smoking" signs everywhere, but there were cigerette butts lying all along our corridor to our room. Once saw a person standing outside our room in the corridor and smoking, informed the front desk, but they just thanked me for letting me know & didn't do anything. Another time, an old guy was standing right near the automatic door to the reception and smoking, and no one in the front desk even told him to stand at least 5-10 away from the door to smoke!

The rooms are a bit small, not enough space to keep your luggage if you have more than 2. The toilet flush handle wasn't working properly and needed to be held down for couple of seconds for it to flush fully. The clock wasn't connected to power supply. The room service missed cleaning our room one day, and when I checked with the reception, they had no clue. The airconditioner cuts off randomly, and we started feeling hot in the middle of the night.

The coffee area in the reception doesn't have normal creamers, only the sweetened creamers, which feels too sugary. There is no breakfast. There are no bathrooms in the reception area. The self-service laundry is good, but its expensive at $2.50 each for washer and dryer. Its $2 or less at other hotels. There is plenty of parking.

There is a NJ transit bus stop right in front of the hotel where a bus takes you to NY port authority bus terminal. However, in the morning, the last bus is at 9:14am. There is another stop around 2-3 blocks away if its past 9:14am. The buses come at frequency of half an hour. Will take around 30 mins to port authority bus termina, and is $3.50 each way.

There is a subway and dunkin donut shop right across the road for breakfast. The front desk folks are good and give good assistance.

Overall, suitable if all you need is a crashpad for a night close to NY city. For the price paid, could have stayed at a better hotel I felt.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rakubego
RRI150, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear rakubego,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to, amongst many items, inconsiderate smokers. I have sent you a private message in an effort to follow up on all your concerns.

Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Property General Manager

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

I’ll keep this short. Staff was unpleasant, room was dirty and ill-kept. The bathtub seat was pulled out from the wall and was a breeding ground for bacteria. There were black hairs in my towels, Wood finishes were peeled back and harbouring dirt and bacteria. The toilet paper was also left as is by the last guest, which makes me wonder if the toilet seat was disinfected. I travel quite a bit for work and recommend going elsewhere!

Trip type: Traveled on business
RRI150, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Dear Sean O.,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our Hotel; we really appreciate it. We are very sorry for the problems you experienced. Our folks take a great deal of pride in our Hotel so when we hear situations such as yours occur we take them very seriously.
Our entire leadership team reviewed your concerns and have already addressed them to insure that they do not occur again in the future.
It is through constructive criticism and opinions such as yours that we continue to get better at what we do.

We hope the next time to return to this area you will give us another try so we can show you that the problems you experienced were truly rare occurrences.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

The hotel offers decent rates for the area. The hotel have good location and great people working in to (especially Amendola, she is very kind and helpfull). I would write 5 stars to the staff and they make you feel comfortable during your stay.

There is a bus stop nearby which can get you to Manhatan easily.

On other side, there is still what you can want from the room. But for those rates you have to expect that.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Visitorfrombg,

Thank you for staying with us and telling us about your experience at the Secaucus Meadowlands NYC Red Roof Plus.

It is so great to hear that Amadola not only helped solve your minor problem, but helped to make you feel more at ease after your long day. We are very proud to have Amadola on our team. We appreciate your kind words and will share this with her and the rest of the staff.

On behalf of the entire staff and management team, I thank you for choosing the Secaucus Meadowlands NYC Red Roof Plus and look forward to seeing you again very soon !

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Cons:
1. Toilet not flushing properly.
2. Rooms were not properly cleaned (if cleaned at all)
3. Airconditioning cuts out in the middle of the night.
4. Bed Covers were dusty
5. No coffee maker in the room. You have to walk all the way to the lobby to grab some coffee or tea.

Pros:
1. Location is great. There is a bus stop down the road where you can take a bus straight to the port authority bus terminal in Manhattan. Same bus also drops you off almost in front of the hotel.
2. Neighbourhood is not too crowded or noisy.

We got a decent room rate but that doesn’t mean the cons are justified. Clean and decently functioning rooms should be a standard and not dependable of the room rate.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear juweelsoleana,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; and thank you for your input. I agree with you 100% that our excellent room rate does not justify the "cons" you experienced. I have already reached out to the responsible individuals so that we can make immediate corrections to insure that they do not occur again.

One thing I did notice in reviewing your case, your 5th assertion, "No coffee maker in the room. You have to walk all the way to the lobby to grab some coffee or tea" is related to your selection of our Standard King size bedded room. That room type is our most economical choice and may be considered by some as small with "no frills" but that is by design; some people, such as truck or bus drivers simply want a room to sleep in and don't want or need any additional space or amenities. However, we do have three other room types that were available during your stay and they are all much bigger and all have a stylish boutique-like design with all new furniture. They all offer additional amenities such as New Comfy Rest Suite beds by Serta, 39" Inch Flat Screen HGDTV's with more than 60 HD channels, Spa-inspired bathrooms with vessel sinks, Plush high end bedding with 2 levels of comfort pillows, in-room coffee makers with a Seattle's Best coffee package, Microwaves, Mini-refrigerators stocked with snack treats and a whole lot more.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

I stay there for 4 days and it was really good with a river view nice and quiet place hotel staffs was really friendly and my rooms was cleaning every day I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone Ashanti the front desk helps me in my check out and she did a amazing job she should be recognized for that thanks again and I will go back soon

Date of stay: April 2018