“Excellent”

Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Secaucus
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed here March 22, 2014
The room was super clean and the front desk staff was very kind and welcoming upon arrival.I called the front desk after midnight requesting more towels and they had someone bring them right to my room, within 5 minutes I would say
Overall very pleased with the hotel and will be planning on staying here again on my next trip to this area

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank hockeymutt05
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hockeymutt05,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our property. It is great to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the exceptional service that the agents provided to you. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great place and location. My family enjoyed themselves.

A team member name shayla really was helpful and very nice about it too...i would let ppl knw tht this is the red roof you need to stay at. Thanks again Shayla for being helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank minwan2007
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Minwan2007,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you will be recommending us to your friends and family. The staff here does an exceptional job and making our guests have a pleasant experience. It is great to hear that my front desk was able to make you feel that way. We look forward to your future stay

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Don't pay attention to any negative reviews on this hotel. Its a great hotel in a prime location close to the express buses that take you to the port authority. Clean, easy access and for the price its pretty upscale. If you plan on traveling to NYC save some money and stay in NJ at the red roof inn. Friendly staff and a nice view of the lake.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank Joe W
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Joe W,

It is great to see that a person with so many reviews in so many different places rate us EXCELLENT. I am glad to hear that the housekeepers did a wonderful job cleaning your room and the staff made you feel welcomed. I see that you will be joining us again in April, and we look forward to you having another memorable experience. Thank you.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Visited NYC had a ball. Stayed at the Red Roof inn in Secaucus,NJ. Had a blast on my trip everyone there was really nice. Housekeepers were attentive front desk was great, especially I believe her name was Ashanti, gave us directions to restaurants and easy access to bus or train. Rooms were nice and clean, If we needed something just had to front desk and ask.

Room Tip: Take rooms on the top floor, less noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jess r

Jess R,

Thank you for taking the time to right a response about our property. It is wonderful to hear that the housekeepers and front desk both made you feel comfortable and welcome. The staff here always try to be accommodating to all of our guests. I hope you enjoyed our renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before and will probably never opt for it again. It was not a bad experience, just an average one. The staff at the front desk was rather cranky and not very helpful. It did not help that a large group had come in right before us and we had to wait a long time as there was only one person at the front desk. The room itself was in good condition - recently renovated probably. Four people, 2 queen beds, but it was ok. I was not pleased with the upkeep - I don't know that they even changed the towels daily. On the second day we came back after sightseeing in New York City, and could not get in. Had to go to the front desk - our key was de-activated because they "thought" we would check out that day.. Had to find a place for breakfast too, as that was not offered. The worst was that we had to walk a long way to the bus stop (unless you take the bus before 8 and then you can use the bus stop behind the hotel). Of course, the "friendly" staff did not inform us that the bus does not stop here on the weekends! We had to find out from a passer by.. I will look for something better next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel_Addict_Cyprus
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Travel_Addict_Cyprus,

I first off want to thank you for writing a review for our property. I want to apologize to you for any treatment the front desk provided to you. Here we strive to provide excellent customer service, and according to your review, we did not do that. I want to let you know that I will be speaking with the staff and sharing your review with them. As you can tell by our other reviews, we have been doing a great job at giving our guests exceptional service. It saddened me to see the comments that you left, but I appreciate the honesty because it will help us in the future. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that was a 1 time occurrence.

thank you.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

So I had to come here because my house flooded. The staff saw my frustration and was very concerned. You don't see that very much. Places now look at you like a dollar sign. I was reading a few rebiews, and I do not understand how this place received any negative comments. They callec to make sure everything was ok and always said hello when I came down to get my morninv coffee. 1 bad side: terrible internet. If you want basic speed its ok, but I work from home and need faster. My family are coming in august and I choose RED ROOF INN!!!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the superior. Much larger and more to offer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank johncruz1973
Yoel C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

johncruz1973,

I first off want to apologize for your house being flooded. I hope all has worked out for you recently. I am happy that we were here to accommodate you. It is great to hear that the staff members did follow ups and made you feel comfortable during your stay. Internet is something that we have experienced, but are currently in the process of fixing this issue. It is great to hear that your family will be joining us in August. We will make sure they have the same amazing experience as you did.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay very friendly Staff especially Blanca from the front desk. I would recommend them if you need a place to stay. Thanks Red Roof see you soon.
MY daughter liked the room service we could not get enough. The room was very comfortable and clean did not have that smell that some hotels have, you know what I am talking about ! It is also smoke free .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eravelo79

eravelo79,

It is great to hear that you had a great stay at our property. Being pet friendly is something that Red Roof Inn truly believes in. Pets are considered as family to a lot of people, so that is why it is our pleasure to have them here with us. I am happy to hear that your daughter enjoyed her stay here with us. We hope we made everything nice and comfortable for her. Thank you for mentioning my staff member. She is very attentive to guest needs and is always there for their needs. Hope to see you in the near future.